Final Round of Family Enduro Series - Roselawn October 20th

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Heather Soenksen had the idea for the year end swap meet. Bring the items that "junior" has out grown and may be a new owner can be found. Also, Mr. Six Days (Fredette) will have some items for sale to help defray his cost to go to the ISDE. I hope everyone is able to attend the final event in the 2007 FES series.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
So who's going to the final FES event? I hear it's going to be some new trail, and a little longer and more challenging than the Sand Booger.

These are the riders who have made all 7 events....

- Mike Allen
- Jacob Cairl
- Joshua Cairl
- Megan Cousinaw
- Tyler Darmon
- Eric Darmon
- Max LaMee
- Malory Lohone
- Zach Smith
- Heather Soenksen
- Talon Soenksen
- Monica Sperling

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I was talking to Mad Max at Matthews and he does not plan to attend as he has first place wrapped up. I would expect to see the rest of that group this weekend.

GregB

Aug 22, 2005
Yes, Kyler will be there competing for points in the 14-15 age group on Saturday.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Smit-Dog said:
May need to dust off the tie-breaking rules for this one!
I plan to use the rules from D14 to break any ties...

If at the end of the series a tie exists, the winner will be determined by:
a) The rider having the most 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc. will be the winner.
b) If the tie still exists, the points accumulated in the events previously not counted will determine the winner.
c) If the tie still exists, the rider who had the better score when competing against the other tied riders will be the winner.
d) If the tie still exists, and the riders did not compete against one another, the rider who competed against the most entries in the class of all the accumulated events will determine the winner.
e) If the tie still exists, and the riders competed against the same number of riders in the series, the rider competing against the most entries in a single event will be the winner.
f) If the tie is in "OVERALL” and the riders did not compete against each other, both riders will be awarded the same position.
g) In the event a tie still exists, the winner will be determined by AMA staff.

I am not sure if I fully understand item b. If we can not determine how to apply it and item a does not solve the issue, I would like to use item c - who ever does the best at the event tomorrow in Roselawn.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
My interpretation is that each of the tie-breaking rules will be used until the tie is broken, in the following order (with my interpretation listed below each rule):

a) The rider having the most 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc. will be the winner.
First look at which rider has the most 1st place finishes. If none of the riders have a 1st place finish or they are tied in that regard, next take a look at 2nd place finishes. If the same situation exists, next take a look at 3rd place finishes, and so on. My guess is that this in itself would break most ties.

b) If the tie still exists, the points accumulated in the events previously not counted will determine the winner.
Include the events dropped in the total points. My question is what if each rider in the tie did not compete in the same number of events? One rider has 2 drops, the other has 3? Count points and be done with it, or only include an equal number of drops for all riders involved in the tie?

c) If the tie still exists, the rider who had the better score when competing against the other tied riders will be the winner.
Huh? I did not interpret this as using the best score in the final event. What if there is a tie in points after the final event, but only one of tied riders actually competed in the final event, and the other rider sat it out?

d) If the tie still exists, and the riders did not compete against one another, the rider who competed against the most entries in the class of all the accumulated events will determine the winner.
Hmmm, maybe this addresses the case of Rule C where the tied riders do not compete with each other in the final event? I take this to mean totaling up class entries for all events each rider competed in and comparing totals.

e) If the tie still exists, and the riders competed against the same number of riders in the series, the rider competing against the most entries in a single event will be the winner.
Compare max entry counts for each tied rider.

f) If the tie is in "OVERALL” and the riders did not compete against each other, both riders will be awarded the same position.
This does not apply to the FES.

g) In the event a tie still exists, the winner will be determined by AMA staff.
If it ever gets down to this, I'd say the FES Chairman decides.

fatherandson said:
...I am not sure if I fully understand item b. If we can not determine how to apply it and item a does not solve the issue, I would like to use item c - who ever does the best at the event tomorrow in Roselawn.
F&S - What do you think of my questions on Rule B?

What do you think of my take and question on Rule C?

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
We may have a case of two riders best five rides may include 2 firsts and 3 seconds. This would require item b.
Yamahunt - your suggestion would reward the rider who attends all the events, but what if someone had to miss an event due to graduation, an injury or did not have a ride to the event? I do not want to penalize this person.
Smitdog - based on above, I think we need to use an equal number of rides when we "add back" the drops when using item b.
I think item c refers to the event when both riders were there. Best score at that event SHOULD break the tie.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
fatherandson said:
I think we need to use an equal number of rides when we "add back" the drops when using item b.
Agreed.

I think item c refers to the event when both riders were there. Best score at that event SHOULD break the tie.
What event is that? What if both riders were at all events?

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Smit-Dog said:
Agreed.

What event is that? What if both riders were at all events?

If we need to use item c and both riders are at Roselawn, who ever does the best at that event wins the series.

YAMAHUNT

Jul 6, 2006
fatherandson said:
Yamahunt - your suggestion would reward the rider who attends all the events, but what if someone had to miss an event due to graduation, an injury or did not have a ride to the event? I do not want to penalize this person.

I think thats what that rule was intended for.....was to reward a rider that supported the series. Injuries and events happen, choices are made. I understand your thinking though and I am glad you are making the decision and not me!!!!! :think: !!!!!

good luck!!!! hope you have a good turnout!

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
We had 205 participants at Upland. Last year Roselawn FES II had 75. I think the club and I would be pleased if we exceeded 100 riders.

WomanRider

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jul 19, 2006
I bet Mike is relieved he did not have to go to tie breaker for the women's 16+ class.

Women 16+ Roselawn results

1st Monica
2nd Lisa
3rd Megan
4th Newbe
5th Erin
6th Heather

Megan and Lisa were just 30 sec apart.

I hear the trail was the toughest of any other FES event this year.

I am very proud of my daughter Megan, as to how she progressed this year. She started on an XR200 and was frustrated she could not place better. Reluctantly, she began riding the XR250. At the Pinecone she broke a shift lever before she came up to me laying n the trail with a blown knee. She rode the last 18 miles in 1st gear as fast as she could, and yes the motor was toast after that. At Harrison, she started riding my CR250, but struggled mentally with it on the first loop. The second loop she had better scores than any other woman. At Wolverine the bike was having issues, fouling plugs, flooding. She was left out in the woods with no support rider in the same direction I saw the bear run in the morning. At Mathews everything clicked and she placed First. My son tells me she did great at Roselawn today. The trail was tight and she was banging into trees. I am one proud MOM.

Last edited:
Top Bottom