Finalizing plans for Michelle's trek to Mica

bbbom

~SPONSOR~
Aug 13, 1999
Okay, time to figure out how Michelle is going to get from Medford to Spokane.

4EO, MudNRocks are either one of you guys planning on making the drive? If so what are your dates of arrival?

Michelle had mentioned she would like to see the Space Needle so maybe the best route would be to ride up with bailey34 on the 17th and she could sightsee in Seattle the 18th then catch a ride, bus, rental or flight from Seattle to Spokane on the evening of the 18th or morning of the 19th.

It would be nice if she could hit Spokane/Mica sometime by the morning of the 19th so I can give her a tour of Mica. Then we will head out on the 20th to camp until the 22nd or 23rd and back to Mica. The I will put her on a plane from Spokane to San Fran in time for her flight back home.

Soooooo the questions needing answers:

Who is planning on joining us?

What dates will you want to join us?

Any preference of trails?

The LPO & Batey Bould trails are about 2.5 hours North of Spokane. Camping is available on site, hotels are about 30 minutes away and the trails are singletrack, technical but not overly difficult.

The North Idaho areas are anywhere from 30 minutes to 2.5 hours from Spokane with camping available on site and hotels about an hour away. It is again singletrack with some challenging trails that aren't overly technical but can be a bit intimidating due to their high mountain goat trail aspect (it's a great way to conquer your fear of heights or compound it).

Who's up for goat trails and who's up for something a bit tamer?

We're trying to figure out someplace with a mix but haven't pinned it down yet.

bailey34

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2002
We are still on to give her a ride back to Seattle on Tuesday June 17th. Michelle can spend the night at our house Tuesday night and Wednesday if necessary. My wife is off on Wednesday and said she would take Michelle sight seeing in Seattle if she would like to. She was thinking the Space Needle, Pike Place Market and the waterfront.

bbboom contact me offline at bailey34@worldnet.att.net to confirm everything.

thanks, Bryan.

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
Lori & Bryan: I am totally unfussed about everything. I'm now going through a stage of "I don't want to go, they're all going to hate me". I guess I'm feeling like it's a start of a race. I guess if I can overcome that feeling now, I'll be able to if I ever decide to race ;) hehehe

I'm sorry I haven't been in touch much lately, but things have been hectic. We're meant to be going out tonight to visit friends, but to be honest, it's the last thing I feel like doing. I'm going to see if I can stall it for a night.

On the positive front: our first event of the year has now passed (we're still tidying up loose ends from that) and by all accounts it was a success (definitely except the injuries - that's never a good feeling and always puts a dampner on our day). Henk has surprised me & offered to take me to the airport on Thursday, whereas I thought I'd be better off with a cab (neither of us are morning people & I have to leave home at 3.30am at the latest).

I'm definitely excited, but decidedly nervous to boot & typing this is giving me huge heebees (butterflies with a nausea feeling to go with it lol). Hmm, thinking about it, a race start would be easier, it doesn't take so long to get there.

My co-workers are looking forward to me being gone for 3 weeks (I drive them nuts & they reckon it'll be nice & quiet without me - I'm wondering how many bodies will be littered around the place, they'll miss my narky comments hahaha).

I would like to thank everyone for making this trip possible & just hope I don't drive you all nuts, too.
Michelle

KDXgirl

May 10, 2003
I didnt realise u were heading over there Michelle, when r ya coming to visit us???
Are you taking your bike? Can u even do that???

Maybe we should have a big get together in AUSTRALIA next year!! Doesnt even matter what time of the year!!!

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Originally posted by Michelle
I'm now going through a stage of "I don't want to go, they're all going to hate me" . . . I'm definitely excited, but decidedly nervous to boot & typing this is giving me huge heebees (butterflies with a nausea feeling to go with it lol) . . . I would like to thank everyone for making this trip possible & just hope I don't drive you all nuts, too.

Silly goose. ;) :silly:

If I haven't driven them nuts yet (or maybe I have and they're just too nice to say so) then you won't have a problem. We are looking forward to having you here! It will be a great time.

MudnRocks

Apr 15, 2003
bbbom,
We won't be able to make the trip to Spokane. It would of been sooo fun to be part of Michelle's travel/tour express, and to join everyone for the weekend. I'm sorry that were going to miss this.

Michelle,
What I've heard to do on race starts (I don't race and they scare me too). Stay hydrated but not with prune juice or any other funky drink, plain simple water works best. Have a light breakfast. When they drop that flag, wait about a 1/2 a second till everyone clears out of your way and then go like heck. lol.
I think everyone's just as excited as you are. You should have a lot of fun. When you go back home and back to work you can drive them all crazy with how your American friends pampered and adored you!!

Have a safe trip over.
Kimberly

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom