RAH RAH

Aug 30, 2003
doug blackwell was in there he just wasnt highlighted. he finished 6th at the second round. Fl looked like it sucked to be riding. I cant blame the riders for petitioning that race. there were 2 many motorcyles geting dnfs. when enduro champions cant make 2 laps there are problems. and course markings being screwed up. how in the hell is someone supposed to win these things. If you only finished on the lead lap you would have ben in the top 10. funny thing was was that espn2 had supercross on at the same time. Now they screww the motorcyclist by not having a pip tv to you must have 2 tv and 2 vcrs. something political is playing are arses.

Bandit9

Jul 14, 2002
The conditions were the same for everybody. The messed up arrow was corrected, with the throw away added for the season. I heard a lot of crying about the conditions. This Off Road, Not MX! We ride the tough stuff, we don't cry about it. The Suzuki manager sounded like a big ole P*SSY!

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Originally posted by Bandit9
The Suzuki manager sounded like a big ole P*SSY!

I'm glad someone else noticed.  I can't stand Mike Webb.  Whenever he gets interviewed on broadcast or print, he sounds like the biggest idiot that there ever was.  I wonder if he would have supported a reduction in points for the winner of the first round if it had been Rodney or Steve or Mike?  I'm sure he wouldn't.  He just says whatever is necessary to move his agenda forward.  Just like he did when he fired Randy, leaving him high and dry with no ride after he won his 6th National Enduro Championship.

shiftx

Sep 13, 2000
I agree! Mike Webb looked bad whining about the conditions. That's part of off road racing. Looks like the blue boys know how to set up bikes.

Bandit9

Jul 14, 2002
The thing that got me was that Rodney was actually running in like 5th up until late in the race, so all this "protest b/c of unmarked course" stuff is poo poo! The other thing was Webb crying about tearing up 3 bikes. Like I said, Rodney was still running at the time, so really only 2 bikes got a little water in them. Big deal! This is a Factory backed team, right? This isn't some little team pulling up the race in a pickup and a trailer, this is a big friggin semi 18 wheeler/garage on wheels with probably 6 bikes in it and enough parts to replace every part on those bikes 10 times! Bottom line is that Webb was crying like a LOSER. That is how it came off. My wife even said that he was crying and he looked like a stupid idiot. I don't have anything against Suzuki or any other OEM, except for Honda. The guy just sounded like a poor loser. Honda gets my goat b/c they don't support the sport worth a damn. Everyone else is there except them. I hope they never get another GNCC or Enduro win.
It would have been nice to second guess these races during the season. It sort of sucks knowing who won all the races.

gxdragon

Nov 13, 2002
Being new to this sport it was great to get an oportunity to see these guys ride. Man they're fast. Everybody had to ride the same conditions the whining was excessive.
I've been stuck in mud several times in two different enduros. I've seen a bunch of other bikes stuck in the same races. That is the first time I've seen a bike pointing straight up like Lafferty's bike was. How did he do that?
In any event it was great to watch pros riding I can't wait until next weeks races.

23jayhawk

Sponsoring Member
Apr 30, 2002
The other thing was Webb crying about tearing up 3 bikes.  ... This is a Factory backed team, right? ... Bottom line is that Webb was crying like a LOSER.

My thoughts exactly - like they're not going to completely go through those bikes after every round anyway? With the money Suzuki (and all the other brands) are throwing at the GNCC's today, what was Webb planning on doing, powerwashing them down, and calling 'em good to go? Get real, this is a factory race team - you darn well better rebuild them after every round, mud or not.

Now the every day Joe's that had to be at work on Monday - those guys I kinda feel for. Expensive weekend. :(

RAH RAH

Aug 30, 2003
I missed a round of racing on tv today because I was riding. This sucks. You have to see that your vcr is ready before you can load up your bike.
Will there be any replays?

Magoo

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 1999
I am really psyched with the coverage SPEED has put together! They have multiple cameras from many different spots on the track and they make it really fun to watch! Even the interviews aren't too hokey!
The one exception is the helmet-cam guy:
Originally posted by Whyzee
I thought the camera guy was hauling and going to loose it, and he gets passed like like nothing. :eek:
I think Mark Hyde (who did it last year) was WAY better; he could stay right on the pros rear tires!

andy27414

Jan 30, 2003
I think Allen Gravitt, the GNCC helmetcam rider, did a better job than Mark Hyde. He's a 17-time SETRA champ and is faster than Mark, that's why Racer Productions recruited him to do the job. Watch after Loretta's when the other guy takes over(not near as good a job). Allen did a good enough job to be asked back and if Allen could keep up with the pros, he'd be on the starting line with them.

Magoo

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 1999
You say "potata," I say "potato..."
Mark Hyde "only" has a couple of National Championships, which probably pales in comparison to the SETRA series. :think:

Layton

~SPONSOR~
Aug 2, 2000
Several things to remember:

The bike cam guy has got several dollars worth of equipment to take care of.
The equipment does add a little weight. How much I don't know but it may be enough to bother the rider.

And last, who ever the bike cam rider is absolutly must stay out of the way of the racers. You notice that he pulls over right away to let the racers go by.

I think it is just great that we get a chance to see this on tv. :thumb:

Bandit9

Jul 14, 2002
Mark Hyde or Allen Gravitt, who cares as long as somebody is filming. I remember a season or two ago that the Helmetcam rider smacked a tree real hard and went down. They replayed it a few times. This is funny, we finally get to watch some good coverage of GNCC and we are arguing over which helmetcam guy is faster. LOL.
I think the best thing would be to do it like NASCAR and put cameras on the top 10 riders. That way we can see what they are seeing. I just have too many ideas.

Layton

~SPONSOR~
Aug 2, 2000
I think the best thing would be to do it like NASCAR and put cameras on the top 10 riders. That way we can see what they are seeing. I just have too many ideas.

That would be way to cool! :yeehaw:

Of course, then we would see just how many "hot" lines they take and that would bring up more bs. :confused:

Bandit9,
You are correct...who cares who the helmet cam rider is as long as we get to see the racing. :)

Top Bottom