Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Well after not riding in almost 2 months, i finally got to go. Now dont get too excited for me since i had to ride, well yes, a Quad! :eek: I suckered my sister into letting me use her's. I was starting to have withdraws and found myself beating my truck in the woods. I cant have that since it has to get me to work everyday and to DirtWeek next month.

One thing i can say about riding a quad, i sure do miss my bike! :( Do you believe this, they put big plush seats on those things. My butt was hurting after afew minutes on the stupid thing. Felt like i was riding a horse or something being its so wide. Everyone looked at me funny since i spent most of my time standing while riding, wouldnt want to start bad habits or anything. One thing i found out, thosw quad people sure do ride slow. Of course their all old and cant ride bikes because they lost their ablilty to balance themselves. Among some other things! :p

All in all it was a pretty good day. They took me to a section of woods that i've never been to. Guess its over a thousand acres of just woods, trails and even has a creek to cross. Diffenitly would of been a blast on a bike. Rocky terrain with trees everywhere. Heck half the time the quad was just barely squeezing through the trail. They threw out some kids in a jeep wrangler that were trying to blaze the trails. They told them to bring a quad or bike, then they would be welcomed.

Well i'm going to soak my saddle sores. Just wanted to share my excitement. Now time to get that bike back together. I have to learn to re-ride it before Dirtweek gets here.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
re: Quad

I ride my quad quite a bit but I would always prefer my bike. Good choice to stand up.:p Monkey butt doesn't know bikes from quads!

KXaggerator

~SPONSOR~
Feb 4, 2001
A couple of years back I dislocated my shoulder and could not ride my bike for a few months, so my buddies' mom let me ride her automatic Yamaha 125 Breeze a few times. I rode all over Superstition on that thing one-armed trying to keep in sight of my friends. It made a good camera platform. It could not top 35 mph but it did well in the sand, and I was happy to convalesce on it. I was longing for my 500, but too many wheels are better then no wheels any day.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Yep, i agree! Riding anything is better than sitting at home. It was pretty good to get backout in the woods. I also plan on getting a quad in the future. It will basically be a work vechicle for hunting, doing stuff around the farm, riding with the old, slow folks, and during the winter months. You cant beat them for all around use. Well back to working on the bike!

Later

SirThumper

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Yeah, I hear ya. I haven't been riding in a month and I finally rode my street bike to work today, got a dirty look from my dad who knows I am not supposed to be putting any pressure on the wrist at all. I told him that on the street, it is a smoothe ride:)

I...er, my wife has one of those quad things too. I only get to use it when I am packing out game.

I cant wait to get back on my bike.

SirThumper

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Finally!

Well I went riding over the weekend for the first time in a month and a half. I took it pretty easy but all in all I felt pretty good. There is still some stiffness in the wrist and at some point there is still quite the twinge every time I hit it at a certain spot. I will be hitting the MX track tomorrow and plan to take it easy there as well. I hate to say it but I might roll around the whoop section :o . At any rate in a couple of weeks I should be back to normal I hope. The wrist is a little sore after the weekend ride though.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
That's good news! Take it easy on the track tomorrow. You dont want to have to sit out for afew more months by re-injurying it? My uncle did that with his ankle. Over shot a 90' jump and went 110' breaking his ankle. 9 months later, cased it on a jump after just getting back on the track and snapped it again. So becareful!

I may get to ride a real machine this weekend if everything falls into place. Hopefully the motor work will be done this week (dropped it off Tuesday of last week! :( ) The exhaust and radiator shrouds arrive tomorrow via UPS. Still waiting on the last of the nuts, bolts, screws, and gaskets to arrive, hopefully this week. I really want to get on this bike!!! I've had the bike for almost a year and never got to ride it. I rode on the back of it when it was brand new and my uncle took me for a spin, that was fun! 15 years later, its mine! Although it probably would of been easier to just buy a new one. Who would of thought a 15 year old bike with less than a summers riding on it would need so much done. Learn and live i guess?

Top Bottom