Finally riding a modern bike

Kinna

Aug 6, 2003
I finally got the oppurtunity to ride a bike newer than my 1979. I went out with my dad and uncle to a friends house who has a huge mx track in his backyard (his son used to race amatuer) For awhile i rode my 1979 Bultaco 250 and it wasnt that fun since it weighs like 300 pounds and is a trail bike. Later on my dads friend let me ride his 2002 cr-125 around the track. It was amazing...it felt like it had wings compared to the older bikes. I only went down once and it was because i taped the front brake in a turn. Apparently brakes have advanced quite a bit over the last 25 years:(. It was a lot easier to ride than i expected and even my 53 year old dad rode the 125 and thought it was amazing (which is good news for me because i want one bad now) To summarize my first day on a track and my first day on a modern bike. 1) I have more respect for the MX riders in 70's who rode our bikes on track lol 2) Riding a bike 22 years newer makes you realize how much enginnering has gone into bikes in the last 20 years. :) About the 5th lap around the track on the cr-125 was the most fun i've had on a bike yet

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…