KTM-Lunatic

~SPONSOR~
Mar 2, 2000
Im getting ready to buy a 99 Ktm 200exc for my son ,But im wanting to mellow the bike a little by using fly wheel weights , Who makes the good ones and where do i find them

Scoott

Jun 1, 2000
flywheel weights

Steahly in Oregon makes flywheel weights for KTM's. I have a 12 ouncer on my 98 200 mxc. They sell new for around $100. I'd sell mine for $75. (I have a 520 MXC and I'm planning on stripping the 200 and selling the bike.) Steahly has weights in 8 and 12 ounce sizes. With my hot-rodded 200 it helped it hook-up in the mid-range without making it sluggish on bottom.

2001 520 MXC
1998 200 MXC

Greenhorn

Apr 4, 2000
Steahly is the one. But for the cost of only $100, I would stay away from used because the weights are fine-threaded to mate to the center of the stock flywheel, and those threads are soft. If the '98 200 has spent anytime underwater, the flywheel housing most likely has had moisture trapped inside. That means the inner threads are probably corroded (and pitted) which will make the easy "spin-on installation" a real mess. Having fresh threads on a new weight, IMO is worth the few extra $$$ than getting a used one with chewed-up threads

------------------------------------------------»
1999 380SX

Scoott

Jun 1, 2000
flywheel weights

The flywheel has been on my 200 less than 2 hours. I bought it last fall, tried it once and didn't particularly like it ( I like a quick, barky response). I put it back on so a friend's youngster could try the bike to see if he likes the weighted 200 better than an xr400. The flywheel is still as new.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom