Finger Lakes, Columbia, MO, Saturday, June 30th

B

biglou

Planning a group ride at Finger Lakes near Columbia on Saturday, June 30th. Myself, Agent Orange, Blue Thunder and many other KC locals are planning on being there. This would be a nice chance to meet some of you from the "East Coast" of Missouri!! DHoward, Gnarlykaw, et al. Anyone else? I've never ridden there but know that they have an MX track and have a lot of trails, some very technical and also some killer hill climbs (I'm told, anyway). Post here if you think you can make it. Email me for details or phone number. Hope to meet some of you guys/gals.

fred2

Sponsoring Member
May 10, 2001
I grew up in Glasgow which is about 45 minutes north of Columbia. I never rode Finger Lakes but heard it's the BEST!!! I just bought a KDX 220 and wished that I could go riding with you. It's a little bit of a trek from San Diego. Have a great time. Write back and tell me what you thought of it.

B

biglou

I think there is something for everyone there. I'll try to find out more. The plan is to bring a grill or two and cook out and ride. Eatin' and ridin', two of my favorite things! I'll post more info about the area as I find out.
Fred-Sounds like some vacation time is in order?!!!

fred2

Sponsoring Member
May 10, 2001
That's a great idea Lou. That would be a long drive to Columbia from here and plus my wife doesn't care much about riding. My chances are pretty nill at this point. I'll just have to live through your experiences. Let me know what you think about the place.

MTRIDER

Aug 20, 2000
stuck fingers.......

HEY Ive ridden that place :)...I wish you guys best of luck after all the rain I've heard you got....( the time i rode there,was "winter" for you Missoura folks and I made my buddies "take them out of hibernation" .....dont you guys ride year round ???

THAT PLACE IS NASTY IN THE MUD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Going home to see the parents this weekend ....any place to Trials in MO ?

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
Hey Lou!
I was looking forward to meeting up w/ you. Jason has good things to say about you. I was supposed to be heading there w/ Jason, and Rick (I think)In case you haven't heard from Jason lately, my ankle is getting the bionic screw assy treatment this week (broke it @ work), so I'm going to have to miss Finger Lakes. I last rode there the Sunday on the way back from the St. Louis SX, and it is one of my favorite places to ride around here. Great MX track with mulch in the turns, grandstands, bike wash, clean toilets and killer fun trails. Have fun! I'll catch up w/ you guys in 6-7 weeks. Have fun!

B

biglou

Perfect weather here in the Mid-West!!

It's gonna be perfect.;) BTW-Congratulations on breaking into double digits for number of posts!

B

biglou

To The Top One Last Time.

This Saturday! We should be there from the KC side by 11 AM. There will be about 10-12 of us. Hope to see some new people there. I should have the new KTM! This will be interesting, Lou on a two-stroke!:scream:

Blue Thunder

~SPONSOR~
Dec 20, 2000
Lou on a 2smoke....YIKES!! Just kidding, you'll love that pumpkin. The blue monster is ready to roost, I'm bringing my stock C/S sprocket for some faster running if available. I'm ready to try that motox track, it's been months since I rode the bike with stock gearing. Should be a hoot.

KDX220rm

Uhhh...
Jun 3, 2002
If anyone needs directions, go to The Goodguys website and click on Finger Lake www.goodguys.dirtrider.net

The fee into the park is $2.00 and we will be parking next to the motocross track parking lot. This is about the only place there is shade and picnic tables and its close to the real modern bathhouses. Yes, running water and toliets. No stinky outhouses.

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
Ok, now I'm officially bummed. I was going to try to be adult,you know everybody have fun, roost on and all of that. But you know what? I don't get to go, and I'm officially whining. The Rooster looks great, she has all new suspension, and dang if it doesn't work sweet in the garage-BUT I WANT TO RIDE!!
Sorry about that little episode. To Jason, Rick, Lou and all of the other KC contigiency: Roost on, have fun:cool: .
This ankle thing sucks:(

Blue Thunder

~SPONSOR~
Dec 20, 2000
Lou, that is a heavy responsibility, a man in Wade's condition should by no means be out around a bunch of dirt bikes in which the doc says he can't ride. Besides we need some background checks and references before you go handing off the burger flippin spatula to a guy that rides RED. LOL Wade, the ankle is a bad deal, you'll be back out here in no time, with fresh tires and suspension mods, I'll do my best to stay out of that roost! Check your email regarding the 4th. Jason

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
Well as long as we are using a right handed spatula-you see my left wrist is broken also. Right ankle, left wrist-all done @ work. Hey Jason, no e-mail yet, but my grilling will bring a tear to your eye. Whether they are tears of joy or not, well you know what they say about that "eye of the beholder" thing.

Top Bottom