Ocracing

Feb 12, 2001
Hey guys...

While I was at the track last weekend... I noticed a serious pain in my ring finger, and "pinky" finger on my left hand...

Due to dropping my bike on its side in a corner, my clutch lever is bent in a wheel-barrow shape.. and I use my index finger and middle finger when I use the clutch...

Could this pain be due to the bentness of my lever? or holding on too hard? This didn't occur in my other hand...

I was putting in some really hard laps.. with only... "Finger Pump" :scream:

Any suggestions?...

"Ooooh.. I like that FMF 909 Clutch and Perch..."

Curt

KTMKyd

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 20, 2001
Hmmm, maybe you should replace your lever and see if it still happens, I mean, a lever is only like 11 bucks, and you should probably replace it anyway if it's that bent, it definetly has something to do with that from what you said, either that or you pulled some muscles when you crashed and didn't notice.

-Sarge

k47k

Feb 2, 2001
i found i had the same problem and determine that it is the clutch lever hitting my ring and pinky finger knuckles. When using just the first and second finger for the clutch the lever will hit the other two when you pull it in.

TexKDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 8, 1999
Can't comment on the pinky pump, but you can bend the lever back to the way you like it with two box end wrenches big enough to fit over the ball end.

Ocracing

Feb 12, 2001
Msr?

Hey guys....

Would you think that the MSR Raptor Clutch Lever would be a good purchase for me?

Thanks..> It seems like it would be...:eek:

Curt

KawieKX125

~SPONSOR~
Oct 9, 2000
Those raptors are auful IMO. They are cast(ie they break in the slightest fall). They are VERY hard to adjust. They also do not release the clutch fully when pulled in. They do make the clutch easier to pull, but that can be accomplished with a good cable and some careful lubeing.
Curt, next time you go to rocky hill, I will come. Then you can just give my perch a try to see if you like it. I have it on to make the clutch pumm light as a feather. The track(I called the owner) is VERY sloppy this weekend and will be wet or a wek or two.
Try some advil when you ride. I take 3 every 2 hours(recommended by my dad, a doctor). I really helps to reduce arm pump and joint pain. Muscle and joint rubs also help tremedously.

Ocracing

Feb 12, 2001
Man . .

Sounds great!...

You seem to know EVERYTHING... and are amazing me almost everyday.. :scream:

Definitely, we have to hit Rocky Hill... Hehe...

Erm... *Looks out window...* More Rain.. :think

Curt

Top Bottom