Firdale Hills MX Track, Firdale Manitoba

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Well I've skipped a few weeks to give some of you a rest from my overly long reports and now feel the desire to type another one. This past Sundays Race brought some more progress for my son Troy and his racing buddy Cody.

We are definately into fall racing here in Manitoba now as at the time of the riders meeting at 7:30 am it was a chilly 0 deg C or 32 Deg F, never thought I would have to knock the frost off the tarps before uncovering the bikes :) . The track was in real nice condition, groomed to perfection. First up was Supermini Moto 1, Cody got a mid pack start while Troy started dead last due to an unwillingness to fly into the pack in the first turn. Cody ran a decent moto eventually taking 26th in the 38 man gate, Troy meanwhile tracked down a few riders after his tentative start and got 35th. Next up the boys lined up for the 80 cc 7-12 yo moto #1 and is time Cody got a slightly better than mid pack start while Troy was about 36th of 39 out of the first turn, both ran fairly strong from the first turn on and Troy managed to get up to 30th while Cody grabbed 18th and got into the points for the second straight moto in this class. In the afternoon Supermini moto Cody had some troubles with the uphill sandy s turn section and dropped it twice negating a decent start and finished 33rd for an overall in Supermini of 34, Troy meanwhile ran his steady pace for 34th and 35th overall. Between the Supermini and 80 cc moto Troy showed a little of the fire I'd been waiting to see and expressed disappointment in his finishes when I explained his lap times were similar to the kids finishing in the top 20 but his starts were killing him he seemed to take note (note sure why he listened this time LOL)and came out of the gate and held the throttle on very late into the turn for him and was in about 6th spot heading into the turn, unfortunately he let off just a bit too soon and got pinched off in the turn by the riders trying to rail the outside of the turn and came out of the turn in about 20th spot, he rode a steady race from there in and managed to get 25th for 26th overall, his best overall to date. Cody struggled with a loose clutch perch the 80 cc moto to grab 24th and a 21st overall also his best finish to date.

As for other DRN'ers Zook250 who I finally met at the previous weeks races was battling a stomach flu but still managed a 1/5 for 2nd overall in the 250 beginner class and a 6/4 for 6th overall in the GP beginner class. YZ007f who I haven't tracked down yet in the pits to introduce myself managed a 7/6 for 7th overall in the 250 Beginner class.

It was a good race day with limited crashes on a very fast track and some spectacular racing. One more event to go in our "fall" season and then it will be time up here to start to think about winterizing the bikes :(

Top Bottom