J-man

May 16, 2007
well fire season has sure started, this things been burning since wednesday and already taken 20,500 acres and is moving into the city alreay taking out about 25 houses. they have every escape route blocked exept one and only four wheel diives can get over those rocks. its a mess it has about 15 percent containment

stumanarama

Aug 29, 2007
where do you live? in san jose we had the wierdest sunset today, the whole sky was brown at 7 or 8 and the sun looked like a hot pink golfball, you could stare straight at it, it looked like some wierd sort of harvest moon. so many dang fires lately

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Solid State said:
If 'fire' was an actual season where I lived, I'd move. Food for thought.
"construction" is a season here in Idaho. Asphalt is the state mineral.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
We used to have two seasons here.. "Road Construction" and "Winter".. They decided to combine them for a year round "Road Construction" season.

I really think they just have an excess of those ugly orange barrels, so they need to store them on the side of the road. I rarely ever see an actual person, doing actual work near one.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Our road construction and winter seasons overlap here too. Our DOT has aa abundance of barrels, cones, signs and shovel leaner guys who make way too much for the little bit of work they do. Hopefully all you guys in the fire areas make out ok.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
IndyMX said:
We used to have two seasons here.. "Road Construction" and "Winter".. They decided to combine them for a year round "Road Construction" season.

I really think they just have an excess of those ugly orange barrels, so they need to store them on the side of the road. I rarely ever see an actual person, doing actual work near one.
Bring on some road construction! Our roads suck so bad! The governer just gave $30 million for two low water dams on the Arkansas River. 20 years ago, they tore one out because of the number of drownings. I really don't think people have become better swimmers in that time frame, just more quad riders. The city of Tulsa is spending in excess of $50 million for a "areana" and NO parking. Not to mention the the fact that all of the streets and highways leading to it, SUCK!
Billboards should be placed at the state line, "The tire and alignment shops of Oklahoma Welcome you! Have a bumpy trip"

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Solid State said:
If 'fire' was an actual season where I lived, I'd move. Food for thought.

We actually have four seasons here in California.

Fire, Flood, Drought & Wind. :yikes:

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
They have fires in NM too. Not too far from my parents, the Organ (hehe, makes me laugh) Mountains are on fire, assumed to be started by human. Sad.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Isn't fire season early this year? Al Gore did that too! So how is the recycled sewer water doing? And I am still horrified at the pics of the new matrimonial events out that way. California wtf!

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
Isn't fire season early this year? Al Gore did that too! So how is the recycled sewer water doing? And I am still horrified at the pics of the new matrimonial events out that way. California wtf!

foxforks.

Fire season comes and goes when it feels like it. Even algore can't control that. :whoa:

The recycled sewer water, :yikes: that's an Orange county thing. Can't believe there hasn't been more outrage about that. I'm in Riverside county, a more conservative area of So Cal, plus I'm on my own well water. :nod:

The matrimonial issue is also a Hollyweird and San Francisco thing. I don't give a crap about what those folks want to do behind closed doors. What bothers me is the fact that some pompous-ass federal judge decided that over sixty percent of the population was wrong when they voted against the measure. Whatever happened to "by the people, for the people.?" To me, self serving, pompous-ass federal judges are more of a danger to our way of life than gay people.

I gotta admit California is a pretty wacky place and a lot of it depends on where in California you live. On the plus side, it's not Indiana. :fft: :rotfl:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I'm pretty darn sure almost all water has been part of sewage at some point.

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
:yikes: Haha that means someone's drinking my poop, right?

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
I will take mine through the good old Lake Michigan. Good enough for aquqfina. No way I would feel good about some bozo at the mixing controls in Orange County! Is that where the poison tomatoes came from? Sure seems Al Gore had some green influence there. Hello, there is an Ocean next door. Can we say reverse osmosis? No way, let them suck poop! And I seen a picture of Al with the torch, he did it!

Red 250

Mar 31, 2008
I live in Nor cal and the smoke is so bad right now you can see it hang in the air 5 feet in front of you. Pretty bad.. I drove back from Portland on Sunday and thought the world was coming to an end. You cant see anything over about a quarter mile away.. The county I live in is noted for having really good air quality. best in the state like 10 years running. Oh well there goes that right out the window. LOL......................Red

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
So the L.A. smog issue has taken over the whole state? No offense to you and yours, but too bad it can not be all concentrated on San Fran and its indigenous species!

Red 250

Mar 31, 2008
Forest fires, not smog there is a difference. So Cal is a heavily populated area so you get smog. Nor Cal is fairly lightly populated in comparison and we actually try to take care of the air we breath.

J-man

May 16, 2007
that one fire is out now but in its place another 700 fires in the whole state of california. the smoke is so bad when i went riding yesturday i could not see anything.....

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
I will bash the sewage drinkers, until I am the last one left. Using that nasty swill has always been good in the garden, sometimes too hot! The guys out west, well, if it rained, 20 percent of Southern California would wash into the ocean. My labor and your money, I am pretty sure I could erect a fire proof dwelling, and garage! Kick back and view the carnage from your very own naked room. Well anyway, I truly hope you guys do not come close to the fires path, Good Luck!

Top Bottom