firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
So I went to the MX track for the first time since April. I wasn’t expecting much, as it’s never been my strong point. I am terrible at jumping and less than mediocre at everything else. But surprisingly, I had a great time! I didn’t go with anybody but at the track, that is ok. I got there at 4 pm so it was still pretty quiet for the first few laps. Took a slow one, then another one trying to remember where everything is (fairly large track). Pulled off to get a drink and went back out. After people started to show up, I saw faces I recognized; a little girl who races and her dad , chatted with them for a few minutes. Fouled a spark plug (jetting’s getting closer but not perfect) and had to borrow a wrench since mine was in my trail pack at home, so naturally I chose the only group of riders which included another female to ask. She turned out to be about my age, on a KX 100, a little faster than me but not much! She wasn’t clearing anything I wasn’t. So she and I chased each other around for a while and I ended up riding until they chased us off the track when it got dark. I felt much better out there than I thought, and really tried to work on my corner speed and the whoop section. No crashes, though a couple of almosts; I never knew that wind made that much difference! Weird. Anyway, had a good time, other than that, nothing spectacular. It makes me want to race as many mx races as I can next year.

angry jim

Sponsoring Member
Aug 4, 2000
Hey FC,
I guess the knee's all better now?
I got a new 200exc last month. I swear this thing is a motocross bike! It's really good on the track.
Good luck if you race. It's always good to find someone to chase around out on the track.

SirThumper

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
There's nothing like a good MX practice to take your mind off of everything. Keep practicing those jumps and pretty soon they'll be easy.

Saturday I raced the last local race of the year after being off for three months. I stalled my bike two times in practice and one time in moto 1, something I never do, I was just being lazy in the corners. I felt terrible on the track.

Good luck at the races next year.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Heck ya I'll be there, XRP. Don't know who I'm racing with yet though, I haven't heard from DG in a while.

I really need help on jumps. I just chicken out.

angry jim, the knee feels great; a little weaker, and sore when I'm done sometimes, but not bad at all. It works so that's the important part. Those 200s rock, huh? I can't say I ride mine to within a fraction of its potential but oh well!

angry jim

Sponsoring Member
Aug 4, 2000
FC
It took my brother about 2 years to get all the strength back after his acl surgery. Now it's his good knee!

I really love the 200's. I don't ride it close to it's potential either. I've seen how fast they can go in the right hands.

See you in Reno?

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Well, the jumps are mostly pretty forgiving except one, but they're still going to kick your tail on an XR. Trust me, I did my time. But it's still a heck of a lot of fun. The rest of it is all open with some rocks, ditches, etc.

Reno this year for sure! I hated that I missed it last year.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Well I haven't fouled a plug with the new leaner pilot in it, it feels pretty crisp. Much better.

Top Bottom