muscle

Mar 17, 2002
Just got back home here in Show Low, AZ after being evacuated due to a wildfire. The first fire called the Rodeo Fire was caused by a cowboy throwing out a friggin cigarette from his truck window while checking his cattle South of Show Low on the Apache reservation. This fire went from 1200 acres the first day to 125 acres by day three.
Then while this was going on, a woman who was out riding Q**ds about 20 miles to the West of the Rodeo Fire got lost and had to spend the night alone. She then sees a news helicopter flying by to report on the Rodeo Fire the next day and what does she do???? SHE LIGHTS A FRIGGIN SIGNAL FIRE!!!
This fire called the Chedeski Fire does the same thing as the Rodeo. The two eventually merge and destroy over 400 homes and 450,000 acres. Its still burning! Its now called the Rodeo - Chedeski Complex. Click forFire Map
Jeeze, what the hell is wrong with people who cant understand EXTREME FIRE DANGER. STUPID STUPID! I hate that woman and cowboy!

Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
It's too bad about the fire. I love that area. We were just up there at the end of March. Stayed at Fool Hollow lake. That is beautiful country, nice people, and not too crowded. I envey you for living there. I would love to live there, maybe when I get to retirement age but that's a long time away.

Layton

~SPONSOR~
Aug 2, 2000
Turns out it wasn't a cowboy at all. It was another fire fighter wanting to make extra money by fighting the fire. Just saw that on CNN.

Both of them are nut cases and should spend a long time in jail.

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
I guess that's not what I wanted to hear, I would rather be mad at stupid people throwing cigarettes out windows...oh well, i was already mad at them anyway.

muscle

Mar 17, 2002
Yeah some people are really desperate to make some big money fast wihout regards to other people losing their property/lives, etc. Sorry about the cowboy story as that was the "latest" rumor around here. Heck one news channel even reported that Snowflake (a town about 25 miles north) was "shoveling ashes off their sidewalks".
Anyways if I was the guy they caught I think I would probably off myself the first chance I had.
Haven't heard whether the stupid woman who started the Chediski portion is going to get arrested or just remain within our society as "one stupid *****"
God I hate her.

singletracker500

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 24, 1999
muscle,

I'm glad to hear you and many others were finally able to get back to your homes. Things are looking up some. They say it's 30% contained right now. That just leaves, what, about 100 miles of fire line left. The said today they had crews doing what they call 'cold trailing' walking through the contained areas, and putting hot spots out so the wind doesn't pick them up and start a new fire. They're doing one hell of a job on this thing.

When things get back to normal, we should get together for a ride. :)

muscle

Mar 17, 2002
They said last night that zones 1, 2, 3, were contained last night which left the zone for Forest Lakes. Should be wrapping up this fire soon.
As a General Contractor I'm sure I'm going to be very busy real soon. Singletracker, I will be ready for that ride. A nice cruise down the 300 road will be a sight! As soon as we get some rain....

Top Bottom