ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
What does everyone do for firewood? Do we haul our own, or will there be a source at DW? Do we need to bring wood tools, chainsaw, axe?

Silly question, I know, but gas prices being what they are, I am a little hesitant to haul a weeks worth of wood halfway cross' country!

Sam27

Oct 3, 2004
I emailed Kris Brown at Cooperland to ask him about firewood. I will let you know what he replies. We live in Stillwater, so I told him that we can haul wood to dirtweek pretty easily. My husband or I will be driving our 15-year-old out there everyday, anyway. (Don't want to step on any toes though.)

Sam27

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Firewood is usually no problem.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Last year the rule was no individual camp fires, only the big bonfire at the front of the pits was allowed. This kept the mess to a minimum for Kris to clean up, not sure where the wood for the big fire came from but there was no shortage of it!

David Bird

Jun 28, 2003
More wood

ChopperDave said:
What does everyone do for firewood? Do we haul our own, or will there be a source at DW? Do we need to bring wood tools, chainsaw, axe?

Silly question, I know, but gas prices being what they are, I am a little hesitant to haul a weeks worth of wood halfway cross' country!

Dave I wouldn't worry about bringing any fire wood. From what I saw last year the people that could (probably the guys that live closest) brought in a load & stacked it up in the comunity pile by camp Tejas. There's plenty of places to get it locally so we can always restock if we run low. Just bring an extra long stick & some extra marshmallows! :cool:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
I have a half a cord that I am bringing. I brought about a cord or slightly more last year. If everybody that can, will bring maybe a double armload we will be fine. We cannot go hacking down trees, but we did collect up some stuff that had fallen last year in order to save Kris the time cleaning up around camp. :p You know, just doing our part.

As Chili said, there is only one campfire location. It will be approximately where it was last year and Camp Tejas will be across from it. Look for the pile of wood near CT when you arrive, if you have some to donate. Don't worry, CT will be quite obvious ...

Don't go buy some if you don't have it and don't go cut a tree down either. If you have some, bring a little, if not, don't sweat it. If you just bought a cord of good wood keep it. If you can dig some off the bottom of your pile fine ... get the picture ... junk, rotten, whatever ...

I can make anything burn with enough gas, ask anybody that was around when I started the fires last year :p

Top Bottom