First bike Bike

mnagelsc

Feb 28, 2008
I'm a 23 year old that is looking to get his first dirt bike. I've been doing some investigating and i really like the appeal of a 125cc 2 stroke to start really learning to race on tracks. I just don't know if I'm too big and will loss interest fast if i get a 125 and it is too small.

1) I am 6'1" and 180 pounds

2) I am moderately aggressive and physical

3) I'm planning on riding wood trails and i would really like to start getting into MX.

4) as far as my riding experience goes I've been riding street bikes for about 7 years currently on a Yamaha R6, and have owned a 250 quad in me teen days as well a dual sport 84' Suzuki SP 250 as my first street bike however only went in the dirt 2 twice in the year i owed it. My dirt bike experience is limited to getting to ride my friends 80cc dirt bikes around their yards as a kid.

5) I will be racing.

6) I am very mechanically inclined and intend on doing all the bike.

7) I have no preference to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)

8) I do not have a dealer i will be using looking for used private sale to get started.

9) i would like to spend less then 1500 on this bike and then invest in a new bike in a few years if all goes well and i enjoy it.

10) I do not live in California. I live I mASS

11) 23 year old

12) I'm really looking for a used bike in the late 90 that runs but needs love. I need a mechanical project to work on to keep my sanity. I guess my big question is should i just go a few older to keep the price down and get a 250 to start on?

May 10, 2007
if you will be racing and have no prior experience i would probably get a 125. at your size though it might be a little underpowered though. it will also be easy to find one in your price range though.

georgia_tom

Feb 22, 2008
sure, go for the 250. i just got an '03 yz250, and i have never rode a dirt bike before. all you have to do is get used to it.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…