travolta

May 2, 2006
Hey everyone I'm new to riding and would like to invest in a bike for myself. I plan to ride as often as possible this summer to gain expierence then purchase my first bike at when school starts. I am 5 9 and 140 lbs, I will be riding mainly woods trails with friends but will probably do some mx track riding also. I plan on getting a 125 2 stroke. I NEED to get a green sticker bike so I plan on getting a bike from 2001 or 2002. What should I look for and ask when looking at bikes? What brands should I look at and which should I stay away from? Would it be a good idea to buy my bike and budget to have the engine rebuilt being that it will be an older bike? All other suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
Any of the brands will be fine for you. Just go for the bike in the best condition in your price range. I would also stay away from highly modified bikes as they can require more maintenance and the performance could be too much for a beginner. Good luck and make sure you get all the proper safety gear (Helmet, boots, goggles, gloves, etc).

Top Bottom