Xdirt_loverX

Sep 12, 2007
1) your physical size (both height and weight are important)5'7" 130 lbs

2) How physical / aggressive are you? pretty aggressive

3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ????? trails, but will go to the track occationally

4) Do you have any riding experience?tons of freinds have bikes,been riding them for about 2 years.

5) Do you think you will race ?wish...parents say it's to dangerous

6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work? Know the basics, buddy of mine is a wiz at that stuff.

7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)? Nope

8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry?honda...yamaha...suzuki...kawasaki...ktm

9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike? about 4 grand

10) Do you live in California? no

11) Your age?15

12) anything else that you think would help form an opinion
I ride atvs at the moment and i want to get a bike, cause
all of my friends have bikes, but i really don't know what
to get. I don't care between 2 or 4 stroke, but i do want
mx bike, not an off road bike. I dont know whether to go
go for a 125 2 stroke, or to get a 250...do you think that
the 250 will be to big for me??

Sahinoz

Sep 2, 2007
Honda CRF250R and KTM SX125(but expansive) are my favorites, you can get a 125cc 2-stroke or a 250cc 4-stroke. They are just enough for your weight and they work perfect on track, pretty good in trails too..

I would get 2-stroke because it's cheap and harder to ride, so it will develop your skills faster and better, IMO don't start to MX with a 4-stroke.

You can get CR125, KX125, YZ125 or 125SX, take a look at some shoot-outs and then decide which one you will buy..

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
For 4 grand you should be able to find a new 125 2stroke. Unfortunately, there's only a few mfr's still making them. The yz is supposed to be the best 125 for woods. They have good bottom end, and thier build quality is great. One of the local dealers in my area was unloading thier 07 stock recently for low 3 thousands. I'm not sure of the ktm 125s, I've never ridden one and don't know anyone who has one. Be very careful if thinking of buying a used mx 4 stroke.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Maintenance on a 4t racer is crucial. Just read some of the posts on here by people with 4t's and you'll why I say that. Lots of people wait until the bikes are close to needing rebuilt and bail on them. If you do buy one, tear it down immediately and measure/inspect/grease EVERYTHING. The same should be done on any used bike, but a 4t mxer can be much more expensive to rebuild. You should be able to find a low hour one for the money you have, just be cautious. I would stik with a lights class bike for your size.

Xdirt_loverX

Sep 12, 2007
So with what you guys have told me, im going for a 125 2 stroke. Don't know which one though..im leanin towards a yz but i found a cr which looks clean. Im trying to pos a link to this website where some bikes are that i found, but it's not letting me so idk. the place is called racersedge, if you type racersedge411 in google, you'll find it (look at the cr 125 and 250, the rm 125 and the ktm 250, is there anything wrong that you can detect???) thanks a lot

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Sure, they also look gooped up. Armor-all and bikes should never meet. Especially on the tires or seat.

Xdirt_loverX

Sep 12, 2007
Sahinoz...thats not the cr that im talkin about..but at the bottom right of that listing theres a link to the real website so if you click on that and then scroll down and theres an 03 125...thats what im talkin about

Sahinoz

Sep 2, 2007
Now I saw that, it really looks very good except the exhaust pipe chamber(looks bad). Well, test it and see if you like it or not, I think it will be fine..

Top Bottom