First ever race, need help with suspension setup!?

blanc

Dec 18, 2002
Hi i am a beginner riding a 94honda cr250 in my first ever harescrambles.... I have ordered a manual but it may take too long to get here before race. I am 5 11" weight 180 fully kitted. How exactly or is there a good base setting that i can use to set up thease forks and shock? All help appreciated

blanc

Dec 18, 2002
Please guys, the race is here in two weeks, Does anybody Know a good base setting for woods riding? Or even the origional settings for motocross??

blanc

Dec 18, 2002
ahhhhhh........ you see theres the problem i have never been on a motocross track purley woods, i need more a setting for going up and over logs and for fast dips in the ground...Any Ideas@@@

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
MX bikes dont work well in the woods unless coverted, you could try going on full soft on the compression and slightly faster than std on the rebound, however expect it to beat you over a few hours.

blanc

Dec 18, 2002
ok,, perhaps i will put in softer springs in the summer and rebuild the bottem end and linkages, but untill then. Is there anywhere online with settings for the suspension, i dont even know which clicker is which and which one does what? So anybody know of any online setting manuals or have the settings would be appreciated. Thanks :flame:

zoommx

~SPONSOR~
Apr 23, 2001
Sag is important. about 95mm or so to start. For a harescramble, I go only a couple clicks softer on the compression and maybe a couple or so on the rebound from what I run in motocross (Novice). Most importantly is to keep the front and rear tuned about the same or it will wear you out fast (as if that won't happen anyway :joke: ). As far as what adjusters are which, I imagine it's the same as my yz, but not sure:
forks: compression on bottom, rebound on top
shock: Compression on resevoir (top); rebound on shaft by linkage.

blanc

Dec 18, 2002
Thanks That was a big help......hopefully i will get a stock setting soon. And my worries may be gone(wish the dam bike didnt make me so exhausted so quickly though)

Top Bottom