robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
Here is one lap at FastTraxx in Nelsonville, Ohio. Uploading the video compressed it, so it's grainy compared to the sheer clarity of the raw footage. Nevertheless, it looks pretty good.

Unfortunately, I had the camera adjusted down too far, so there's not nearly enough perspective. I moved it up about 10 degrees for next time.

http://www.vimeo.com/11641811

Don't give me too hard a time about the crash - it was my only get off of the day and those ruts were much deeper than they look in the video . . .

Given that the perspective is so low, I thought the crash made this particular video the most interesting of the ones I had.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
picture quality looks great on my laptop however its very choppy when i leave the hd setting on, when i turn it off the quality goes down but the video smooths out. i dont know if this is fixable with a setting or if this thing is just too old.

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
ellandoh said:
picture quality looks great on my laptop however its very choppy when i leave the hd setting on, when i turn it off the quality goes down but the video smooths out. i dont know if this is fixable with a setting or if this thing is just too old.

My laptop also has a hard time playing the HD videos without getting choppy. . . heck, it won't even play the raw footage direct from the hard drive without skipping frames.

This video plays flawlessly on my desktop here at work - and it's not exactly state of the art.

I think it's just a matter of not enough memory. My laptop has 1 GB of memory and the desktop here has 2 GB. Makes a big difference.

Top Bottom