Brains

Mar 28, 2002
So that I don't confuse anybody - That GG that I recieved - I sent it back, the coils blew with the first 20 min, bad manitance on the bike.

Anyway I found myself a 1999 KTM 200exc and I think I still have arm pump 5 hours later. The suspension really sucks on tight rocky rooty trails(mainly forks). Its great on wide open stuff. As a last effort I had the comp. all the way out and still yuuuk.

I am not sure what w oil is in the folks.

Much help needed to turn this beast into a plush trail bike.

Thank you

enmerdeur

Feb 10, 2002
As with all used bikes make sure everything is brought to recommended specs (i.e. correct oil and level) and then start to mess with it.

Brains

Mar 28, 2002
Thanks

The dealer said that using 2w oil would be pointless as the forks would have no rebound. 7.5 is the norm and that is what is in there at the moment.

Does any one know what the min oil level is that I can drop to on thoses 45 Zooks? - Less than 140mm?

Has anyone ever used one type oil on rebound side and another weight oil on the compression side?

You can be honest and tell me if I'm off my head!

Thanks to all, will let you know what happens.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Ive heard of using thin oil in the comp and thicker in the rebound-try it, what harm can it do-just means you may need to do it again but fork oil is cheap.

TM-Frank

Dec 15, 2000
From the Marzocchi handbook: 135 mm is the standard level (measured without the plastic pre-load bushings inserted). I never tried a larger air chamber, but I think you could go until 150 or 160 mm without problems.

Brains

Mar 28, 2002
Frank

Do you know where I can get a 'down loadable" hand book from?
I asked the main Marzocchi site a couple of questions including "hand book" and have had no response.

Brains

Mar 28, 2002
Thanks for all the great replies
Plan to ride Sunday..........if I can get out of bed after my Brothers Birthday party. Will let you know.
D36 - I'm sure they can offer you a job at the Zooks head office - thanx.

Reon

Apr 11, 2000
I tried the different oil weight thing and it did not make much of a difference to me. I had the compression cartridge modified and that improved things.

Download compression cartridge mod here :
http://home.intekom.com/screamer/Marzocchi_Fork_Mod.jpg

Make sure you have the rear sag set properly and play around with the adjustment range.

Where in SA are you from ?

Brains

Mar 28, 2002
Reon
Thanx for the tips will go and have a look now. I changed to 2w in both and set at 145mm. Made a bit of a difference, but still don't feel anything the the Zooks on the GG. They are great on wide open stuff, but try to climb a hill with a couple of rocks in the way and you really start swetting.

I'm from Durban - Hillcrest, not many places that you can ride from your back door!

Top Bottom