First post.....newbie has ??'s

Little80

Jul 14, 2003
I am totally new to the dirt bike world. My friends ride bikes. But I prefer 4 wheels myself. Anyway, a buddy gave me a little 1979 KX80. My sister has wanted a dirt bike for awhile. Its a fixer upper. But what the hell, its free. Anyway. What are some places I can find what parts will interchange from year to year? What are good engine mods? Most of all, where can I find parts? TIA!

Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
Well there are lots of parts on Ebay. some at decent prices. just be careful and always check a dealer first. I've found throttle cables for $7 at a dealer and $12 on ebay.
Being an older bike i'd just get it running and not worry about mods right away. Parts are fairly hard to find for older bikes but don't be discouraged.
And now that you have your 80 ride it some. You'll find its more fun to ride without those extra training wheels... :8) wink wink.

Little80

Jul 14, 2003
It will run with just a tune up. We had it running a few months ago. I really just need body parts and a new silencer. Know anywhere I can start looking? Any clssified ads? Thanks.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…