First Race In A Loooooong Time....

CRASH39

Mar 4, 2007
My first race in a long time with my son at Hang Time Park in Akron, IN..………..

The race was a good one. I ran, and my son Joey ran. We did two moto’s. I pulled up and saw the E.M.T.’s and told them “ don’t be bored, give me a couple of laps and I will give you something to do..” They laughed with me. I entered the 125-C class cause that was what they put me. I was with 16-19 olds who wanna win. I Told them I just a weekend warrior having fun I stay out of your way and don’t trample me. They told me try to hold my lane but don’t panic they will dodge me. In practice I let them go and fallowed after but 1 problem accord. Even my brother in law noticed. Hole shots, straight away runs and turns I was in charge ( I caught up to them so fast I almost hit them and straight a ways and turns, unless I hit the breaks had trouble getting pass me even though I was out of the way ) and as for jumps I had it until the 90 degree jumps came :yikes: . At that moment I cleared it going Yeah! until the bike bottom out. The shock went to my bad joints to the ankle to the knees and the back. At that moment I knew I was the right scale but wrong weight ( me and my bike toatl 500lbs, A 250 is too much to hang on to..diet time.. :yell:....). At 90 degree jumps I knew I was at a lost I went over 4 like a runaway train endowing and slamming recovering it all and still hanging on fighting it all the way. Even the track officials looked at me like “ how the ---- did you make that?!!! ” In the end I came in 8th.after doing the two moto’s I gained the respect of the younger peers that they gave me a thumbs up and a solute. I stayed clear from them to run their call and at the same time tried to fallow them. In all it was fun.

My son Joey ran at a lost in practice. I told the one official I may have ran on stuff long ago but it was his first time. Joey made it up the hill lost. The track official ran off on a 250 and guided Joey all the way around. When race moment ran started, surprising (since Joey never ran before and it is his first time ) was able to race to his Pit class and came in second on the first moto and First in the second. ( weird ) ironically He comes home with the first place trophy I come home in 8th :bang:. Latter I find out that there was a 30 + class I belonged in and will race that next time. How ever, even though I ran with the 125-C class, my hats off to them in great respect and thank them for their good sportsmen ship. Something I knew doesn’t happened well in the past. And thanks guys for helping me and my brother in Law for loading my bike in the PU truck! I will return with my son to race again!.......

For you guys in the 125 class I ran with at Akron, ( If your on this forum ) In Hang time park of 7-28-07 ( rider 39). Thank you for your patience and extreme sportsman ship, you rock.... One rider I had to come to a near stop to get to pass me tossed dirt in at me and latter slowed down waving me at the finish, you ran exalet like anyone else racing for the first place, no worry’s. I plan to go back out again with my son
( Hopefully I will be in the right class this time…) As for the Kid who crashed in the First Moto in lap 1. Hang in there and get back on that bike, and like all of us, take a deep breath and do it again and good luck…( thumbs up and salute…) :cool: :ride:

CRASH39

Mar 4, 2007
:cool:

Top Bottom