High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
I was doing stuff around the yard this weekend when I opened the garage door to 2 kids on bikes riding through the trails I have cut through the woods surrounding our house. I yelled for them to stop so I could tell them they were welcome to ride there, but that they needed helmets. It turned out that they were friends of our 15 year old, Chris. I ended up dragging out several bikes and 7 of us (including me, Chris, and Tommy) all rode for a couple hours in the trails I cut. We even had a big time riding Pat’s old TW200 that has sat with the same gas in it for almost 2 years. It was GREAT! I sure am feeling it now, though. I’m pretty sure we’ll be seeing those boys around a lot more in the future. :)

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Great to hear ya got out! Even better to hear ya hooked a couple neighbor kids on riding, good stuff!

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Goon style or elbows up? How are your inner thighs, noodley? Thats what killed me after my first ride of the year! 10 bulging discs and arthritis in the middle, noooo, nada, nothing, not even the carpal tunnel was an issue. But my legs, need to ride more!

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Style? I have no style!

What was fun was listening to a bunch of 15 year olds talking trash to each other about how fast they were, then trading bikes with them because it *had* to be the bike that let me leave them like that, only to have it repeated with the other beater bike.

I am still feeling it, though.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
AWESOME! Gomer back riding! :aj: :aj:

High Lord Gomer said:
What was fun was listening to a bunch of 15 year olds talking trash to each other about how fast they were, then trading bikes with them because it *had* to be the bike that let me leave them like that, only to have it repeated with the other beater bike.
Ah those were the days, my kid pretty much spanks me these days unless we're in some really technical nasty stuff.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Patman said:
AWESOME! Gomer back riding! :aj: :aj:

Ah those were the days, my kid pretty much spanks me these days unless we're in some really technical nasty stuff.

I wish I had ANY chance. At this weekends race, Troy's fastest lap time bettered mine by 23 seconds :|

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Chili, what are you doing trying to race your son, he is cheating! He has a smaller bike! Brings back memories when my oldest son started passing me up,"Why do you slow down so much before the corners, How come you do not let the bike come to you in the air"? He was on a 125 and I had an olddddd CR500. 23 seconds, he was cutting the track? Gomer, The kids/c class riders stories are priceless. Even when facts are slapped in their face!

Top Bottom