High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
I finally got around to ordering my knee braces and made my first ride since DirtWeek today!  I only fell once or twice, and each time it was SOLO's fault, so I'm lucky that I didn't get hurt.  (If I did, Lori would have killed me)

I got the braces Friday night and played with them for an hour or two.  I rode (on and off) for 5 hours and barely noticed them.

James...how about an update on how your body faired after your full-frontal-soil-compaction test? :scream:

Dave...care to share the new nickname that Aryn came up with for you?  James, shhh...did anyone ask you to comment on this matter?

SOLO...ever get those brakes bled?

My CRF was abducted by aliens from Atlanta so I rode Danny's YZ today.  I have to admit that, for a blue bike, that thing rode great!  I even slapped the front down hard enough to completely bottom them with an audible clunk and it didn't feel bad (and my knees never noticed it!).

If Dave figures his way out of the neighborhood, he might swing by and ride with you guys again tomorrow.

_SOLO_

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 15, 2000
Originally posted by High Lord Gomer
I only fell once or twice, and each time it was SOLO's fault...

Lori, I had absoultly nothing to do with Mike's tendency to always find a way to end up face down in the dirt! He's been doing it long before I met him.

...ever get those brakes bled?

Yes, but that wasn't the problem. I did get a good lesson in troubleshooting though.

Last edited:

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
It's still numb where the bike hit me (I think), but the doctor said it was just a really badly bruised muscle, so it's no problem at all anymore! :yeehaw:

SOLO...so what was the porblem? BTW, you snuck out yesterday without me getting to put you over a berm! :|

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Good to hear you are riding again.  I'm still saving for my "cells".  Gonna purchase some disability insurance first.  Say "Hi" to Lori for me.

Brian

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
I am ok. My whole left side is VERY stiff/sore and this lump in my leg is particularly irritating but I'll be ok by next weekend.

It's bad enough that you come up with these nicknames, but then to blame it on such a well-mannered young guy is simply inexcusable :confused:

I talked to Dave a while ago and he is heading home. Said he was real sore too. I forgot to ask if it was from the freestyle jump or his showboat landings on the gully jump.

Glad you're riding again goober.....see ya Saturday??

_SOLO_

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 15, 2000
It was one of those adjustable brake levers. I was in such a rush when I put it on that I didn't even pay any attention.

You had your chance to put me into a berm on the track that one time I passed you. By the time I got changed to leave they were in the car ready to go, so I didn't get to do my round of goodbye's.

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
:thumb:

Glad to hear that you are back in the saddle Gommer.

Unfortunately I'm still sidelined with my back from DW02 but i expect to be able to ride Thanksgiving week-end. Planning to go to LBL.

whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
Well where do I start? A great day of riding, followed by an enjoyable evening hosted by the ever gracious Gomer.
We get to TNT after our 4-hour drive and find the Scott mobile, get unloaded and dressed up in weekend attire as James is patiently waiting, and hit the hit the woods track, it’s a bit wet but still fun. Back at the trucks we watch a guy trying to work up the kahonnas to jump the 70’ free style jump, later in the day he made an attempt at it and found those kahonnas :silly: , unfortunately for him they were found when he came up short. Well Gomer had arrived so after working on Solo’s front brake, we head off to turn some laps, Mike has a way of being able to pass ya just about anywhere but he does it in a calm and smooth manner, never leaving roost and plenty of room. The few times I got around him, I was pushing as hard as I have ever rode, I realize now I must have used too much track or kicked too much roost as he had a new nick-name for me back at the truck :flame: , and he tries to blame lil96 for the name. Saturday turns out to be the first time James jumps the gully jump, (what it that jump, ...40 feet?) he was in front of me and I dropped a gear and revved the motor as if I was going to jump it, only to slam on the brakes and roll the jump. I thought for sure James did this jump in the past because he always does the triple right after. Feeling bad I decided to give it a shot myself, pacing James, I came a lil short, that was the deal on that jump all day and after the 5th time of just barely making it each time, I went back to rolling again.
James later waded up in the mud in a hole after another triple, he rode most of the rest of the day, but one could tell he hurt. As I found James packing up I was able to get his attention long enough to so he could watch my attempt at the 70’ free-style jump, man I still can believe I did that. The first thing James says is “why didn’t you do a no-hander?” Yea, right :silly: . After James went home to recover, Mike & I went down to the woods track and raced around until I thought I was going to drop.
Mike, there was a guy taking pictures down there, I talked to him before I came up the hill and meant to give him my email he drives a blue truck, is all I know. If you know him, or if your friends know him I would like to get the pictures he took of #38 and yourself and compensate him for any the time. My email is TPCHomesInc@att.net
Well my day was done so we tried to head out even though Mike has already asked us to his home. Knowing Lori is not well, my efforts are not a accepted, and with the guarantee that we are not intruding, we head off to Columbia. Well we washed everything and jump started my truck first, but off we go. And did we go, Gomer drives that 150’ house on wheels like he’s in a Ferrari. I get to see Lori again and she is looking great, but can tell she is tired, so we get Chinese, and sushi and head back to the house. Tommy is insistent that the table is not clean enough and lets his dad know by taking matters into his own hands. :) By the way today is his 5th birthday, Mike, give him a glass of water from me. I know I have not mentioned that Lil96 was with me (mostly because he rode the 85 track all day and had a blast racing the kids his age) but him and I camped out under the front bushes at Mikes' for the night. This morning we unloaded our bikes from the fun-mobile and loaded up our truck and headed on the long road home. My day was spent cleaning bikes & gear, Changing a flat on my daughters truck and replacing a battery. I woke up about an hour ago to a Lasagna dinner my daughter cooked and found all the clothes washed. What a kid, both of ‘em. Tuesday, we head up to Virginia to see Lola who has been with her sister since last week, we’ll be back and in town and touch in December.
Mike, thanks again.
James, look forward to the next ride.
Solo, why do you need a front brake?

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Yeah, they do. :moon:

Glad you're back in the saddle, Gomer. Does this mean you'll be making the trek to Mill Creek in 2 weeks?

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Thanks, everyone! I am a little sore, now, but it's just from being a fat, lazy slob...no injuries!

JP...not that weekend. Maybe the one before, though.

Brian...I'll tell her. She really appreciated your hug!

Ivan, you were invited! I even tried to get you fired so you could be home for the weekend.

The only thing I regret was that we didn't get to keep Lil96. He has got to be one of the best kids I have ever been around. I don't know how Lola can have that positive of an effect while still allowing him to be around Dave.

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
He has got to be one of the best kids I have ever been around. I don't know how Lola can have that positive of an effect while still allowing him to be around Dave.

I was thinking the same thing, and now I'm thinking "sure is good Gomer didn't get to keep him!"

whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
The only thing I regret was that we didn't get to keep Lil96. He has got to be one of the best kids I have ever been around. I don't know how Lola can have that positive of an effect while still allowing him to be around Dave.
Uhm, ... thanks ! ? :silly:

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
No, sorry. I didn't really pay attention to what he looked like, but he didn't look familiar.

Next time remind me (I had the camera with me, but didn't take any). I've even managed to figure out some of the settings to get better pictures.

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
I didn't really pay attention to what he looked like, but he didn't look familiar.
Call Lori NOW and have her take all the drugs away!

In other words "I didn't look at him" "he didn't look familar though". :think: LOL :)

Welcome back buddy... how are things? Woods ride soon? :thumb:

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Actually, I'm considering a very slow woods ride with some of the guys I work with. They live near Augusta, so I'm think Parson's Mt / Cedar Springs sometime soon.

It's going to be *very* leasurely, so let me know if you feel patient!

Top Bottom