firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
I woke up to the first snowfall (in town that is) of the year. I think the snow level was at 3,000 feet but there is an inch on the ground today, and it's staying. It's been getting pretty cold and they did predict snow this weekend, I just didn't think we'd get it.

Poor Bbbom--she's camping up in the mountains this weekend!

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
Snow in Washington already? :eek: It sounds like the snowboarding and skiing will be awesome this year. :thumb: I sure am going to miss seeing the white caps of the Cascades. :ugg: Although, out here I definitely won't have the chance to miss the snow. :think:

C

CaNaDiAn,Eh?

LOL...we got our first snowfall back in the middle of September. Hopefully you'll have a good skiing/snowboarding/snowmobiling season...but if your really luckily it wont last and you can get some more time on your bike.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Well all I get to do for a while is look at it. If we get enough snow that there is a lot left for a long spring season, I might get to go snowboarding in March/April, possibly February if I impress my doctor that I am doing well. :( But at least it's fun to look at. Although traffic tomorrow is going to be hell, everybody around here forgets we live in the northwest.

Hondaxrguy

May 17, 2001
We got about an inch in Puyallup yesterday morning before it turned back to rain. I rode Reiter yesterday, and they got no moisture. There wasn't any snow even at the peak (3600ft).

Jeremy

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
FC22 - what are the conditions up at Starvation Ridge? I'm wondering what the 24 will be like.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
I bet it'll be cold.

The kids couldn't wait to play in the skiff we got yesterday morning. Mostly they just made mud.

yz250roost

~SPONSOR~
Oct 16, 2000
Wow, the west coast is doing really good this year, there's been snow from washington all the way down to Southern California, the local mountains just got 6" of snow, and the first resort opened today (mtn high) due to their snowmaking capabilities. Mammoth will open on the sixth with 20". I think this is a record for the earliest opening date in Southern California, and it feels like it's going to stay, it's been really really cold every night. I just hope it doesn't ruin my trip to Dove Springs right after thanksgiving.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Originally posted by GETMETOCA
FC22 - what are the conditions up at Starvation Ridge? I'm wondering what the 24 will be like.

I don't know for sure, since I'm about 6+ hours from there. Since they're quite a ways south I'm betting it will be warmer. In the winter, they usually get less snow and even when they do it is usually ridable. However this year we are supposed to be bombarded. Have you checked local forecasts? I think Goldendale is the closest town, if not try Yakima. It's farther away but big enough to have a weather forecast for sure. My predictions: probably very cold but clear. Don't quote me on that.

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Scoot (the 24 hour organizer Dude) just posted that he felt conditions would be perfect! I was getting worried because other teams were talking about using ice studs/spiked tires, etc. Since I don't know the first thing about riding on ice, I was just picturing myself doing a front brake slide into one of the ponds. Or trying to climb up a hill and slithering back down, over and over. Anyway, he said recent rain took care of the 8" silt and dusty conditions but no more rain or snow is predicted through the weekend. That took a whole load off my mind.

Still sorry you can't join the rest of the ShredBetty's Sharla! We're gonna have a lot of fun!

:yeehaw:

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Originally posted by GETMETOCA
Still sorry you can't join the rest of the ShredBetty's Sharla! We're gonna have a lot of fun!

Me too, I was really looking forward to it. Oh well.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Today it REALLY snowed! I'm guessing 4 + inches in 6 hours or so! woo hoo

Too bad everybody forgets they live in the NORTHWEST where we get SNOW IN WINTER and they drive like morons.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
lemme see . . . how do I put this mildly to all those who call me for a road report . . .

THERE IS SNOW ON THE GROUND, IT'S PROBABLY SLICK!!

damn being called a "Highway District" . . .

update! -- even from California they call me! Silly girl! :confused:

Last edited:

Yogurt

~SPONSOR~
Dec 25, 1999
We got our first inch of snow sometime back in October. It stuck around for a few days, then it melted, and we had a few warm days in Novemeber that were above 50, so I was able to ride the new CRF. Yesterday it was 57, and they say we're supposed to have measurable amounts of snow by Sunday. So yesterday may have been my last day on my dirt bike track at home. There's always hope for a December Thaw, and an early spring. Many ski slopes have been open here since 1st week in November, thanks to man-made snow. This is my sad time of year. Only if spring would just get here.

Yogurt

~SPONSOR~
Dec 25, 1999
Hi Speedy! :) I've been around. I took an unneccessary hiatus from this place, no excuse, except for being a busy college student, but I never stopped riding or following the sport for one minute. But I took up a subscription to this place, and realized what I was missing. Feels good to be back.

You summed it up real well Senior KX'er! :thumb:

Gary B.

~SPONSOR~
Apr 17, 2000
Just got our first light dusting of the year. The temp dropped 35 degrees since this time yesterday. God, ya gotta love Wisconsin weather! :p

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Your snow arrived today! Not our first snow fall of the season but something like our third. 59 degrees at 10am this moring and 37 by 11am. Wacky weather this year.

bbbom

~SPONSOR~
Aug 13, 1999
Just saw this thread - yep, we were camping up north Halloween weekend when the first snow hit. Funny no-one came up to join us!! :eek:

Actually, the weather was great and with a few precautions the camp trailer didn't even freeze up, except the holding tanks - can you say poopsicle!!! :uh:

One of our club members joined us for a good ride on trails covered with yellow Tamarack leaves Friday but declined camping. My little girl came with us on her KX60 on Saturday for a nice 18 mile loop. She's getting the hang of the clutch now so look out FC22 we'll soon have another little one to get lost with us in the woods, and the dunes and anywhere else we ride.

Snow was forcast for Sat night so we loaded up the bikes planning to head out Sunday morning. Woke up to a white blanket of snow on the campground & headed home. Roads were a bit slippery but not bad, until we got home - had to get the snowplow out & chained up to stir up some gravel on the driveway so the truck & camp trailer could make it home.

Thawed it all out & got everything winterized.

That was over 3 weeks ago and finally, we have some REAL SNOW!!!

We'll be hitting the trails on the sleds this weekend! We had about a foot when I left this morning & it was still coming down till about noon. Once we make it up the hill to get the plow out we're home free. Forecast is calling for more snow tonight & tomorrow. Now if all the people that can't drive or don't own a rig that should be driven in the snow would just stay home, life would be good.

Better yet, let all of them stay out on the streets and we'll stay up on the mountain & play!!! :laugh: :)

Last edited:

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
Last week we had snow. Started with the expectations of flurrys. So I was sent out thrusday and friday to put down a little salt on my route. Went to sleep friday nite hoping to ride saturday morning> NOT to be. Got called in a 1:00am friday nite/saturday morning. Most of the nite was white-out conditions because of the wind. Pushed snow until 9:30am saturday morning and spent the rest of the day sleeping.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Originally posted by bbbom
Now if all the people that can't drive or don't own a rig that should be driven in the snow would just stay home, life would be good.

Better yet, let all of them stay out on the streets and we'll stay up on the mountain & play!!! :laugh: :)

Amen to that! I have had my truck in and out of 4 wheel drive over the last few days with nary a problem, but I see everything from brand new SUVs to little crappy import cars sideways in the streets. I see people who shouldn't be, driving too fast and people with no reason to, driving 10 mph. Grrr. :|

It's like they all forget we live in the northwest and get snow occasionally . . . I get frustrated and start passing.

Top Bottom