OTHG_DAVE_858

Feb 18, 2005
I purchased an 02 Kx 250 used in January and have been riding a few times a week since March. I am a big guy prob., 240 with gear. Now my question is should I start with springs and a front fork oil change to see if that is what is needed or send out the forks and have everything done at once. I ride mx in the 40 + novice class, but I'm not happy with the susp. My brothers stock cr250F is so much better. Any advice would be great. Oh yes, money is the issue or the shock and forks would be at the tuners.

highflyernick

Oct 12, 2004
Hey, good choice on the bike :). Anyways, you might as well send the forks and shock out if you are racing MX. It will make a BIG difference. You will love it, and they would change the springs and oil while there in there for you. Also, I have a 01 KX250, and my friends 04CR250, and another friend has a 04YZ250. Their stock suspension feels so nice compared to mine. The CR has showa suspension and it feels better than the YZ. Anyways, I saw send it in to get the suspension done, you'll be happy that you did!

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Fork sprinks and an oil change is a job that you can do yourself very easily. Why not do the work yourself and see if you like the change that it produces. If you feel you need more, you can always send them out to be revalved.

If you need information on what springs to choose, I would suggest the racetech site at www.racetech.com

OTHG_DAVE_858

Feb 18, 2005
Thanks guys, I think I will do the oil changes and springs now and revalve over th ewinter if I'm not happy. I'm glad I'm not the ony one who noticed the other mfg shocks are better.

Top Bottom