dpaxson

Sep 30, 2006
well i'm finally going to a real motocross track this weekend. I've rode around my grandma's property a few times and gone off a couple jumps, but never anything big. any tips on how to not kill myself? :laugh:

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Hold your line..

Don't try to race anyone. (unless it's an actual race)

Don't ride beyond your ability.

Find a fast guy, make friends.

medwaste

Dec 1, 2006
Nothing wrong with rolling the jumps til you get used to the track. Practice your jumps on tabletops. Leave your ego at home. Have FUN!

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
IndyMX said:
Hold your line..

Don't try to race anyone. (unless it's an actual race)

Don't ride beyond your ability.

Find a fast guy, make friends.

I keep trying all that, it doesn't always work......

I will often choose the most inside or outside line, only to discover that the guy behind me chooses an even more inside/outside line.

I haven't tried to race anyone but I do occasionally try to keep up with someone.

I am always riding beyond my ability! I keep thinking I am learnng something, but I get a lot of bumps and bruises as a result.

The friends part is easy. Lots of nice people at the track.

Dpaxson: consider yourself lucky that you had the track essentially to yourself! The track I ride breaks the practice up into three groups: Minis, Intermediat to Pro, then beginners and seniors (I qualify on both those). Even broken up there will be 20 to 30 bikes on the track!

Rod

dpaxson

Sep 30, 2006
ya i'm really glad there weren't many people there. unfortunately because not many people ride there the owner might not keep the track open much longer :(

Top Bottom