HEGOTRIDE

Jan 8, 2001
i have been riding my new to me 97 cr125 more and getting used to it. i have always jumped all of the little 20 or so foot doubles and table tops. next ride i think im gonna try the big 50' double. any suggestions or pointers for first time jumping and getting over the fear would be greatly apreciated.
thanks.

roostinbe

Mar 22, 2001
be smooth, don't chop the throttle, accelerate smoothly all the way off of the launch. and i might recommend jumping a little nose high at first, better a slap down, than going O.T.B.:p and as dirtbiker said, better to over jump than under.

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
If you can,

try to jump off to the side of the jump to see where you are going to land. That way if the landing on the double has an edge you won't find out the hard way and slamming into it.

remember to hang loose and relax while jumping so if you do jam up on the landing your body wll absorb and bounce on impact as opposed to being stiff and smackin the ground. Over jumping isn't a bad idea, but it depends on the landing ramps. I would suggest to ride along with some one that is doing the jump to match speed.

monkeybutt

Jun 12, 2001
How about practicing a little more unless you just want to risk getting hurt really bad.Or if you want to try a big jump and don't want to wait till your ready,how about trying a tabletop so you don't get slammed too bad.
I would recomend practice and some 30 and 40 foot jumps,don't just jump up with the big boys and hope for the best.

HEGOTRIDE

Jan 8, 2001
i have been jumping a lot, its not really my first time ever jumping. i have been jumping the 20 to 30 footers and i feel that im ready. im gonna try a small tripple first that is 30 feet and if i dont think i can do it i wont, im not gonna do anything i cant do.
thanks for all the advice!

charger

Dec 29, 2000
Before you go big on the jumps you may want to try to learn to raise and lower your front wheel in case you get messed up in the air. That way you have more control over the bike. And don't forget that over jumping is usually alot better and less painfull than under jumping.:D

Top Bottom