trailblaze

Sep 17, 2002
A friend of mine is looking at getting a first bike. He has never even ridden a standard before but after looking at the bikes and the difference on price he says that he wants to get a WR 450 since the price is so close to the 250. I told him he should start with something smaller to learn on but he seems to think he wont have any trouble riding the trails with this. Since I have never ridden this bike, how does everyone think this bike would be for a beginner?

Midhigh

~SPONSOR~
Jul 19, 2002
I've never ridden the WR 450 either, but I think I know enough to not put a never ridden before beginner on this type of bike. I would think the TTR or XR bikes would be a much better choice to learn on and they would cost less to boot.

Maybe pick up a good used TTR or XR to learn on, and if he is a fast learner, he can step up to the WR fairly quick.

Surfrider55

Jul 25, 2003
I am a 48 year old newbie (LOL)

I have friends that ride amateur mx and friends who ride trails. I decided that my first bike would be the Yamaha WR250F. So far on the couple of rides I have been on its been a great bike.

Good luck on your decision.

Top Bottom