jat250wr

Nov 18, 2005
Decided that I would start running to get the cardio up and ready for the hot summer months. (Nothing sucks more to have an unexpected delay and find yourself riding in the desert at 3:00 in the afternoon.) Ran 2 miles last night on the high school track, non stop. I haven't ran 2 miles SINCE I was in high school. I did much better than I thought I would. I used to run track in junior high and high school, so I was a little nervous about getting back into it, especially since I graduated in '96...oh my god, I've been out of school for 10 years already. I was curious to see if I could go the distance and not die in the process. :laugh:
I was comfortable the whole time. No huffing and puffing, no dragging feet, and no aches and pains. It was AWESOME! I can't wait until I go run again tonight. I figure I'll start with running 2 miles 3 days a week. Seems pretty light, but I thought I would ease into it. Depending on how I feel, I'll increase duration and or add more days.
I don't like going to gyms because I feel that they are meat markets, sorry, that's just my opinion. I get sick and tired of getting hit on and stared at. It's very uncomfortable. I know the next question will be that it's not safe to run by myself. Don't worry, I'm not. I mentioned to the 2 girls that I work with that I was going to be running after work and if they wanted to join me they were more than welcome. They walk while I run. It works great. I already asked the hubby too if the girls decide to stop going, if he would watch over me while I run. He said no problem! A lot of bad things can happen to a gal when she's by herself. So safety precautions have been taken!! :)
I can't wait to see how this cardio is going to help me when we're out riding. I'm hoping it will give me the ability to go longer and harder! :debil: :laugh:

The Ant

Jan 3, 2002
Jat,
Running is still my favorite form of fitness excercise, nothing else seems to keep the weight off and endurance up. Is also really good for your bone density - high impact sport (different high impact than riding and crashing :-0.....) Running with friends is fun and social, but I go by myself all the time. Keep your wits about you and a good sense of humor and trouble should roll on by.

-SusanP.
CRF250x

jat250wr

Nov 18, 2005
The Ant said:
Jat,
Running is still my favorite form of fitness excercise, nothing else seems to keep the weight off and endurance up. Is also really good for your bone density - high impact sport (different high impact than riding and crashing :-0.....) Running with friends is fun and social, but I go by myself all the time. Keep your wits about you and a good sense of humor and trouble should roll on by.

-SusanP.
CRF250x
SWEET!

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
I'm not much for running...I have a bad knee that doesn't like the impact too well. I do like the elliptical and I can bike. My husband was his high schools Cross Country star so he loves to run. Unfortunately, he shattered his foot the year after he graduated and never has been able to run like he used to.
Quite a few of us have been talking about fitness here

I know what you mean about the getting hit on at the gym. I always wear my wedding band now, and hardly ever go without Phil.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
i almost wish I got hit on at the gym.

If you guys want to join a yahoo group for some encouragement, email me. This is to compare notes and discuss workouts, NOT to poke each other or play the drill sargeant. Stuff like "get off your lazy ass" usually just pisses me off and makes me less inclined to do something so there wont' be any of that.

jat250wr

Nov 18, 2005
firecracker22 said:
i almost wish I got hit on at the gym.

If you guys want to join a yahoo group for some encouragement, email me. This is to compare notes and discuss workouts, NOT to poke each other or play the drill sargeant. Stuff like "get off your lazy ass" usually just pisses me off and makes me less inclined to do something so there wont' be any of that.
I'm in!! :)

Top Bottom