fitting a brake light onto my ktm sx???

shezz04

Jun 12, 2004
hi all im new to all this just wondering if any1 can help me. I live in the UK and want to ride my KTM SX 125 on the road. To do thi i need to fit a rear brake light, speedo, and horn.Im going to buy a switch from my local dealer that will enaable the rear light to work when i brake. Ive also bough a rear light which bolts onto my rear fender. The light has got a red and a black wire(ie +/-) and so has the switch that im puttin on my rear brake pedal so when i brake the rear light comes on. Thing is anyone got any ideals how id link these all up, do i need a battery or can,or can i just run it of the the coil? Any1 got any kind of diagrams to giv me an idea.Also how would i incorperate the horn into all this. Also if i have a battery how will it charge like on a car it uses an alternator, ive been told i dont need a battery? im guessin it will be the same principle as the exc 125 do these use batterys? Any help would be good.
Just a quick conclusion:
1-Wiring a back brake light using the coil
2-incorperating the horn
As i said wiring diagrams would be grate, thanks again and hope it all makes sense. emails with diagrams would be much appriciated. :cool:

Top Bottom