crazy4life

Aug 30, 2007
So i have about 700 or so bucks to spend on my cr125. Here is the list. Any other ideas, things i should take away or add are more than welcome.

I ride in florida so there is a good amount of soft sand but i ride mostly grass covered trails. More than likly will go to the track a couple times. Lots of jumps :boss:

pro rim 75$
pro spokes 60$excel is just to expenseive
rim locks10$
wheel bearings 25$

new back tire (ideas?)

park tool truing stand 80$ (dont know if this is worth buying but i would like to do my own rims sence they do seem to get bent often. A bike shop can do this correct)

Wiesco or vertec piston kid about 100$(what ever one lasts longer unless you guys think its un needed, picture below)
v-force 3 reed valve system 140$$

New chain and sprockets. Still unsure on what kit im going to get, more interested in how long its going to last vs weight.

I was also concidering a glide plate for the time i ride on unsure grounds. 60$$ seems like a decent price for that ease of mind.

I also cant seem to find cheaper clutch levers that will last and are easy to pull. I found this one but im curious about its quality as it seems every other clutch lever is like 60 bucks!

I was also wondering what tools i should buy sence im going to be doing this all my self. And what other things i could do to make her run like new sence i dont think the last owner did any mantanice but i could be wrong sence it still starts first kick.

Last edited:

06KX100

Feb 9, 2008
i bought the weisco kit, and v-force 3 reeds for my kx100, wow what a difference, its well worth it, and i have starcross tires and there great, just to give u my opinion

crazy4life

Aug 30, 2007
Reesknight said:
You should read the second article referenced in this thread for ideas.
http://www.dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?t=161194
I'v already had a "ugly duckling" for over a year and a half (a little tricked out 85, was fast!). I think the fact that the bike was also prackly givin to me helps. My grandpa got a deal on one of his useds sons that didnt ride anymore :)

I have brand new safty gear also sence i saw that was recommended.

Im just asking for some advice, sence all the people i know dont really know what there talking about when it comes to parts sence they had somebody else trick there bikes out.

06KX100

Feb 9, 2008
well it would prolly help us reccomend stuff if u give us a list of parts u got on ur bike, so that we dont reccomend already used parts :-)

chevyss_98

Feb 26, 2006
best thing ever on my cr, was a michelin soft motocross tire on the front, its about 130 up here, dunno bout you, but man oh man, when it comes to track, or sand, or pretty much anything, it owns, handling is unsurpassable, makes jumps a breeze, and landing too, check it out, excellent tire, back tire i ran dunlop, sold bike last fall 2000 cr250r

stumanarama

Aug 29, 2007
bad experience with that starcross tire, i bought it for 75 and it was pretty worn out after 3 or 4 rides, i guess in your soft florida soil though, things would be different

06KX100

Feb 9, 2008
i run starcrosses for a while now and just buy a new set once a year, but like u said if u are goin to be riding on hardpack or road they are gonna go down quick, but for the loose soil, mud, sand, they are the best things ever...imo

Top Bottom