fixing to get tech-8's..

My M-4 boots are just not good enough.I am fixing to buy some white tech-8's.I have the money and are wanting to buy them so bad.Do any of yall think I shouldn't and if you own a pair of them do they run big or small?I wear a size 12 shoe but my M-4's are 11's and fit me good.Thanks

Thump

Jr Admin Type
I wear a size 11 and my T8's are right on the money size wise. I thought they were the best boots on the market... but after testing the Sidi's I think they are 2nd best.

T8 Protection is as good as it gets!
Very comfortable once broken in
Durable as an XR

But they are THICK in the ankles. Odd feeling at first. Made me feel like they were pushing my feet off the pegs, but I got use to them.

Great boot if T8's are the way you decide to go.... For me I choose the Sidi FlexForce SRS. You can read the reviews here

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Just tried 'em on . . .

and while I wear a 6 in most other boots, I had to go with a 7 in the T8s! Must be that bootie or something. I've narrowed my choices down to either the T8 or the AXO RC-5. I can get a good price on the AXOs. The Alpinstars seem to be an industry standard. And last I checked, Sidi doesn't make my size (40 was the smallest I saw they had--which is what, an 8?)

EZ

I did try on a pair a couple of weeks ago and the size was dead on the same as my street shoes.To me also,they felt extra wide,one reason I didn't buy em.

blackhawk468

President of Bling
N. Texas SP
I wear size 7 1/2 in guys shoes, and I tried 7's in t8's but they were way to small and cramped my feet, so I got size 8's and they are perfect!

KXTodd

Subscriber
I wear a size 12 in a workboot and my size 12 T8's fit pretty good. The only problem I've had with them is I can't feel when I'm touching the brake.

Got my mom convinced now.My dad said I would have to go up to the Sherman Powersports or Central Yamaha to try some on to make sure I get the right size and they don't hurt in any certain place.Then I can order them.;)

gasgasman

Sponsoring Member
In my opinion and personal experience, the Tech 8s are overated. The booties get hard and brittle, which makes putting on the boots a chore. There is no steel shank that runs inside the sole for protection. A friend of mine busted his foot wide open when he hit a stump.

My boot of choice-if it matters-would be the SIDI Flex Force.

O man now I dunno what to get after hearing all the praise about the SIDI Flex Force.:think I think I will give it some time and hopefully get to try on both boots.;)

CC_RIDER

Lifetime Sponsor
Luv my Tech-8's!

I bought the same size as my shoes.
They feel like luxury slippers. I sometimes wear them for an hour after the ride, during clean-up and maintenance, because they're just so comfortable.

It is difficult to "feel" the brake and shift pedals at first, but I adapted to that pretty quick.

I feel really protected in them.

Ive never tried the Sidi's, but I'd like to! If I ever wear out my T-8's I'll try a pair.;)

I wear shoes that are 11 ½ and I have a pair of size 12 tech 8’s. I really like them they are very nice boots and I don’t have to worry about hurting my feet.

Idid have to move my shifter up one notch since they are a little taller in the toe area.

I bet if you looked around you could find a good used pair for around $200, which makes them a helluva deal. I got mine for $220 and I think the guy only wore them a handful of times. Definitely worth the money.

LocoCD

Lifetime Sponsor
There must be a reason so many pros wear them.

Bought a pair 3 months ago, normally wear an 10 but went with an 11 an it fits great.

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Originally posted by LocoCD
There must be a reason so many pros wear them.
Yup... sponsorship $$$ and they are a great boot with superior protection.

I was fortunate to test the Sidi's and now my T8's are collecting dust. My suggestion is you use the average opinion of the people to get a good feel for which boots are well made, offer good protection and fit well. Everybody likes someting different. Pick what is best for you. Try on the different boots before making a decision.

I know at the local level it seems that most all of the amature and pros who dont get free boots wear T8's.

I just ordered a pair from Rocky Mt for $289 with free shipping. I allready tried them on in a local shop. I had Gearne RX pro and Fox Alta and am looking forward to the T8's. It seemed that I needed about 1/2 size bigger than my street shoes, (which fell on a full size) lucky for me.

The Tech 8's are over rated as GasGasman said. The only reason alot of pro's wear them is the fact that Astar pays them to. Don't you think Fox wants Carmichael to wear their boots? Astar pays him more to wear theirs. I thought they had to be the best boot on the market with all these pros wearing them. Well I was wrong. My Tech 8's are now my backup, mud, slop and crappy conditions boot. My Sidi Force Flex's are the ones I wear regularly now that I have seen the light.