ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Sure is DIRTBIKE quiet in DIRTBIKE the flame forum DIRTBIKE ever since the only DIRTBIKE flames allowed in here DIRTBIKE have to be dirtbike related!

(Did I mention DIRTBIKE enough times to keep my post from being nuked?) :confused:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I guess if you have to cry about your fish tank getting infected with some kind of non-dirtbike related spooge there would be some other site more able to accomidate you would there not? Would you ask a bunch of quilters how to jet your bike? Pretty simple really flame dirt bike issues otherwise find something useful to participate in, the flame forum should see the lowest usage IMO.

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
I agree with you for the most part Pat but I think there are many members who consider a LOT of other members as friends, brothers, sisters, family, etc. and feel comfortable bitching about things in here with their good buddies that they might not do elsewhere. I honestly believe that for many of us it is that 'family' feeling that makes this place so special. It just seems to me that with the new rules for the flame forum almost everything will end up in the Off-topic or SupportTeam forums instead of here. Is the flame forum needed anymore under these new restrictions? Maybe its time to just do away with it. :thumb:

PS See new Flame thread regarding Patman!

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
LAME - LAME - LAME :o

sorry ...... that was supposed to read .........

Flame :flame: Flame :flame: Flame :flame:

:moon:

BTW Pat, so I can talk about the fantastic quilt I have just made, but not about the sod who ripped me off for not paying for it, or that the fabric in the first place was sub standard ..... sheesh .... I don't know Pat, I just don't know .......

Last edited:

Senior KX Rider

Super Power AssClown
Nov 9, 1999
Sorry guys but I would rather see 4 or 5 posts a day in here than to see what it had become. It had turned into a soapbox for a few people to carry on a neverending series of political slams. Most people can disagree and after a while they agree to disagree but not here. Here they hide behind their monitors waiting for that other person to post so that they can jump in and prove to everyone that that other guy won't get the last word in on me. In real life when it gets to that point you take it outside and settle it that way but that doesnt happen here. The anonimity of the internet lets these kind of people go on and on and there is only one way to shut them down. If you are into neverending battles of ideaologies and slamfests of that nature I can reccomend RMD. For the time being this forum needs to be the way it is The LAME BOARD LIVES

It is also nice not having the off-topic stuff because of all the totally meaningless whining that went away. If you deleted the extreme cases you always had people raising hell because other peoples off-topic whining got to stay. I agree that some of the off-topic stuff has merit but again, this is the way it needs to be.

I'll repeat a statement from the post I put up when I limited subject matter in here. A little self control goes a looong way. Unfortunately we have some people that have none. ;)

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
I like when the flame forum is quiet. For some reason I just have this odd preference of seeing only dirtbike info on a dirtbike site.

I know... I'm just weird.

Ivan

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
I had no intention of stepping on any toes---just looking to have a little fun, but I guess I understand what you're getting at. I ignore the posts that don't interest me, but I guess the mods don't have that option: I pity you! :confused:

This site has become a place where like minded people (dirt-bikers) can come in and feel comfortable with each other, and things will tend to get a little off-topic occasionally, but I get your drift about keeping it out of here, it's just that my evil side........ :p

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Originally posted by Senior KX Rider
The LAME BOARD LIVES

:) Thanks for the humor KX - I needed that. Been out of town away from a loved one for too long and today hasn't been a very easy one :( Unfortunately the job ended early today and I haven't had anything to occupy myself except for the heart wrenching TV.

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
Originally posted by TTRGuy
I honestly believe that for many of us it is that 'family' feeling that makes this place so special. It just seems to me that with the new rules for the flame forum almost everything will end up in the Off-topic or SupportTeam forums instead of here.

Aaahhh, it's nice to be a Support Team Member! :yeehaw:

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
you know, maybe having to pay for the privilege for an off topic Flame may not be a bad thing.

Off topic flames for support members only, this may just work ..... :think:

jpuetz

May 2, 2001
I've been wishing for a while that DRN would turn back into a dirbike site. It was turning into a chat room to discuss everything from the color of your cats sweater to what's your favorite sitcom from the eightys that was on Thursdays. Maybe that's in a different forum.

*william*

Jul 5, 2000
Originally posted by Senior KX Rider
I watched about a half hour of toons with the little one, other than that I haven't looked at the tv ;)

Cartoon Network rules. Looney Tunes and Powerpuff Girls are my - I mean my little girl's - favorites. But nothin' beats Tom & Jerry. Good times. If you can't go riding, what else can you do at 6am Saturday morning? (See I got dirtbikes in there).

:confused:

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Nikelodian(sp) Spong Bob Rules!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ren & Stimpy I really liked but the square pants has it covered! :)

Last edited:

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
I'm still trying to catch up with Pokie-Mon ;)

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
SEE!!!!! Here you guys go, off-topic again! You can't help it, but like William said, if I can't be riding dirtbikes why not be having fun in here with my dirtbike buds? :yeehaw:

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
Speaking of BUDs, what the hell is up with Betty Crocker, where did she get that recipe for smashed potatos, A freak'n drywall contractor.

Thanks KTM for opening the door :thumb:

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
I have a "masculine" itch i'd like to discuss. It's kinda satisfying to itch, so I think i'll leave it alone for now. Is this ok, or should I go ahead and get out the WD-40?

By the way, I think I got it from riding a DIRTBIKE! :whiner:

Top Bottom