Fleshwound, safe to order from e-mail?

250girl

Mod Ban
Dec 19, 2007
Ok, as you all know I have been searching high and low for graphics for my 2000 RM250. Was looking at the Fleshwound Films website at graphics, and they actually had some for my bike, ON SALE!! I didn't get back to the computer for a while, and when I did ti said on the website that they were sold out, only the 96-98 graphics were still left. So I sent an e-mail to the address on the website, asking if there's any chance they have a leftover kicking around the warehouse. I got a reply, saying that yes they did, and I can have it if I want. But since it's out of stock on the website I would have to give them my credit card # over the e-mail.

Just wondering if you anyone here has dealt with them before and if you think it is safe. I am just always leery of internet shopping....

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
If they can be gotten I would trust MX South to get them... just call them up and explain where you saw them. They will be pretty straightforward if they can get them too and if not whether Fleshwound can be trusted.

Ivan

mideastrider

~SPONSOR~
Jul 8, 2006
Credit card # over e-mail ? Thats not internet shopping. I would not put my cc#in any e-mail. I would only us their secure site or deal with them over the phone.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Pick up the phone! I'm amazed at how so many people these days don't want to have any contact besides clicking a button. How on earth did anything ever get done before the internet? :laugh:

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
Its not going to help your bike run any better. Love, Vintage Bob

WHAT !!!! I keep telling you, according to studies, the plastic with racing stripes adds, like, a jillion horsepower

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
Its not going to help your bike run any better. Love, Vintage Bob
It seems 92.5% of the dirtbiking population might tend to disagree Bob. Otherwise you'd see more ads for rings & pistons & gaskets than bling & pipes & stickers.

250girl

Mod Ban
Dec 19, 2007
New graphics = snazzy looking bike.

Snazzy looking bike = renewed cocky my-bike-is-hot-stuff attitude.

Attitude = higher speeds, more horsepower, daredevil riding

Daredevil riding = picking the gravel out of your arse, and mourning the death of your favortite pair of pants.. now.. a$$less pants

My point is that new graphics DO add horsepower!! And my bikes job is not to run absolutely perfect, it's job is to look good, and make me look even better so I can pick up hot bikers. :p

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
250girl said:
New graphics = snazzy looking bike.

Snazzy looking bike = renewed cocky my-bike-is-hot-stuff attitude.

Attitude = higher speeds, more horsepower, daredevil riding

Daredevil riding = picking the gravel out of your arse, and mourning the death of your favortite pair of pants.. now.. a$$less pants

My point is that new graphics DO add horsepower!! And my bikes job is not to run absolutely perfect, it's job is to look good, and make me look even better so I can pick up hot bikers. :p
No matter what stickers you have you still look like a doofus pushing your bike around when it blows up.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
truespode said:
You just need boobs for that.

Ivan
and a KTM. See KTM's typically can go longer between piston / rings being replaced so it's a win / win.

250girl

Mod Ban
Dec 19, 2007
Patman said:
and a KTM. See KTM's typically can go longer between piston / rings being replaced so it's a win / win.

If somebody here would like to sponsor me (buy me a KTM) I will be more than happy to accept it. :nener:

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Patman said:
That's just because KTM riders are slower and don't ride as hard. :p

250girl

Mod Ban
Dec 19, 2007
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
I have to agree, boobs do make a bike faster, graphics not! Vintage Bob

Anyone who's ever ridden an MX track bra-less will strongly disagree with that. I did that once, never agian!! Ouch!! Only if you're flat chested can you get away with that.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
250girl said:
Anyone who's ever ridden an MX track bra-less will strongly disagree with that. I did that once, never agian!! Ouch!! Only if you're flat chested can you get away with that.
I could see that. I need to fix that. Boobs will make you faster, before graphics will. You should be grateful we are beyond the vented nylon jersey days. They tore up even man boobs! Then we got smart and started putting tape over the effected area. That was not good either, hair. Vintage Bob

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Ah the cheese grate shirts! Jofa's, low pipes....

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Patman said:
Ah the cheese grate shirts! Jofa's, low pipes....
Yep, yep and yep. It was pretty feeble to look back on Pat. What was I thinking, a jofa mouth guard will help exactly what? Did early full face helmets break collar bones, or did we just need neck rolls? Best 5 year period in the dirt, for a change? 78 to 83. Vintage Bob

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
The Jofa was one of those things that I look back on an ask "WTF were you thinking?!" :laugh:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
_JOE_ said:
No matter what stickers you have you still look like a doofus pushing your bike around when it blows up.

Maybe if the bike looks good enough the Crank Fairy will come along during the night and replace the bottom end before the shagged out rod gets a chance to break and hatchet the cases open like a field dressed deer. :whoa:

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
Everyone has their own level of comfort with such matters. I would think the chances of such a place being on a mission to falsely charge your credit card would be slim, even if it's run out of a garage. As far as I know, all credit cards have insurance/protection against identity theft and unathorized charges...the knowledge that the CC company (which has deep pockets) will vigorously pursue such criminals keeps many would-be scammers in check. I would agree that using the phone instead of regular email would be a wise choice...or better yet, how about paypal?

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom