Mac

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 17, 2000
The stock kickstand is too sloppy and fixing it with washers or a big hammer only works for a short time. I also hate the fact that it mounts to the swingarm where it gets abused, I would much prefer the kickstand to be attached to the frame. After fixing my kickstand for the 10th time I decided to shop for a new one, not a stock replacement but something better.

The trail tech kickstands look pretty good but I couldn't find one for the KDX and they cost 90 bucks.

The Pro moto billet kickstands also looked pretty good but they don't offer one for the KDX either and they cost 150 bucks!

After alot of searching I finally found a guy on E-->bay that makes and sells KDX kickstands for 42 bucks (51.00 with shipping). It looks just like the Trail tech. I just ordered one and will report back on how it fits/works. The guy's screen name is kenr775 and he only had one kickstand for the KDX listed (and now it's mine) but he makes more as he sells them so just keep watching or just shoot him an e-mail.

I hope this kickstand works cuz I'm sick of the stock one.

ridejunky

Dec 6, 2005
" I feel your pain." Do strap your bike down when transporting it with the kick stand down? I used to do that and my bolts would loosen. I put a heavier spring from the hardware store on it and it is now hassle free.

Mac

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 17, 2000
ridejunky said:
" I feel your pain." Do strap your bike down when transporting it with the kick stand down? I used to do that and my bolts would loosen. I put a heavier spring from the hardware store on it and it is now hassle free.

I always strap the bike with kickstand up. I beleive the problem is due to the mounting location of the kickstand. When riding, the swingarm is moving violently up and down which causes the kickstand to also move slightly up and down due to inertia. This constant motion wears the parts and makes them sloppy. It's not that my bolt comes loose, it's the mating surfaces that are being ground away. I even tried placing a bead of weld on the kickstand and bracket at the "wear points" to build back the material that was worn away but that only lasted two rides. The "wear points" need to be made of a harder material. Installing heavier springs may help prevent the kickstand from moving while riding so that may help some but if you hit a deep rut your kickstand will likely take a hit.

I am hopeful that this new kickstand, which mounts to the frame, will fix the problems associated with the stock kickstand.

Top Bottom