Florida GNCC

Matt 193

Dec 22, 2006
From what I've heard it was Wattsy then DK and then Garret Edmonson. I'm not posative though.

mideastrider

~SPONSOR~
Jul 8, 2006
Thats right Wattsy won big, by about 1.30. Knight and Garret swapped it up a bit but DK could never catch Watts. Watts came around on the first lap with a big lead and never looked back. When they interviewed Watts he let everyone know he got no factory help from KTM must be some hard feelings there but the crowd loved it. He said something like "I buy my own bikes I buy my own parts just like you guys this win is for all of you"

Matt 193

Dec 22, 2006
Go Wattsy I heard he was racing the 250 this year. Is that correct? I think the privateer thing gave him motavation to step it up.

mideastrider

~SPONSOR~
Jul 8, 2006
Not sure didn't pay attention, I know he was on a 2-stroke could have been the 250.Watts has been riding hard he's ran at lease two local races one in NC and one in SC that I know of and done well.Knight was on a 2-stroke some said it was a 250 and some said it was a 300 I bet 300. Garret was on a 4-stroke.

Matt 193

Dec 22, 2006
Yea I'm pretty sure Knight was going to use the 300 thats his main bike. Do you know what bike Garret was using? thanks.

Matt 193

Dec 22, 2006
“Bloody hell, that’s all I can say. That was awesome!” said Watts, now a full privateer on his Fun Mart/KTMHutt.com/Maxxis KTM 250XC. “I’ve been telling everyone, I buy my own bikes, I buy my own parts, just like all you guys out there. This victory is for you!”
That was a quote from Shane after the race, here is the report http://gnccracing.com/racereports/2007_Florida_Bike.cfm

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…