Jaytree

Feb 6, 2007
My family has been riding the trails of Florida for several years. With six bikes to keep up with mechanically and kids outgrowing gear annually, the last thing we needed to worry about was registration hassles. So when the state cracked down on ownership issues it put a hurting on us with a few of the vintage machines we ride. We started looking for more convienant areas(besides Crooms) to ride where we didn't get harassed about legalities. Even Ocala National Forest has been checking bikes from what I hear.

Well, while getting our boat title transferred yesterday I mentioned to the lady at the tag agency our predicament. She told me all I needed for the bikes older than 2002 was the vin# and to sign an affidavit that the bike was never titled before, pay a one-time $38.25, and a Title Validation sticker would be issued for that bike. I had 3 of the 4 vintage vin#'s in my wallet, so three down and one to go. Two of our bikes are later than 2002 so I have to bring the purchase paperwork from the dealer or a bill of sale.

We're free to ride Crooms once again! ...well, except for the park fees.

sparkysakitas

~SPONSOR~
Aug 31, 2005
good deal jay :cool:
i have 1 bike that is regesterd and another that i dont have title for but still was able to get croom sticker for last year
looks like i get reg for older bike before croom sticker
on side note give shout next time you head to croom

Jaytree

Feb 6, 2007
Crooms

Ooops! Haven't been on here in a while and went to Crooms Wed since Polk County had a teacher work day.

Just the two boys and myself went, but we registered all seven of the dirtbikes at $50 apiece. Good thing I registered em too. The 600 was running hot, so I switched out to the wifes crf. I buried that in what looked like a little dried up mud puddle. Was about two feet deep of wet stuff underneath! My chin hit the crossbar when the forks bottomed, and the oldest boy followed right behind me! He went over the bars and knocked the breath outta himself but was okay. We hosed off at the circle and I switched again to the YZ250. I have got to get the shock squared away on that! I have a gold seal but haven't yet attempted to install it.

All in all we spent a good 9 hrs out there riding. While we were strapping the bikes in the trailer it was dark. What a way to spend the day! The boys told me it was the best ever!

Top Bottom