WideOpen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 21, 2000
i go to ocala alot e-mail..if you want to hook up...i'm not real fast...but i can keep up...i have a atk 125 and i'm 15...

JediRye

Mar 12, 2001
About Croom: My father and I might be heading up there in a few weeks or so, not sure, but my friends are telling me that only "hicks" ride there and it's so packed the second you fall you'll get run over.
I'm just curious, but is there ANY truth to that? I've never been to Croom cause I only got my bike recently and I just wanted to know. Are there any other places near there like that also? Thanks for any help!

starcove

Apr 8, 2001
anybody can ride crooms

There are all kinds at Crooms just like anywhere else. As far as only "hicks" being there ...well maybe you should stay at home. Someone just might rooste your car, truck or whatever. I have had a couple of close calls in the pit areas, but no worse than anywhere else. The drive on the interstate to the place is probably more dangerous.

There are lots of good trails and pits. The whole place is 2600 acres, so that ought to be enough for a couple hundred bikes and atvs. If you wanna avoid the crowd get there early. The only real zoo is the parking lot and the crazyzees on the road in area 2 and 3.

Ride em, don't hide em...;) :p :p :p

starcove

Apr 8, 2001
Anybody headed over today 6/3

Everyones tags expire at the end of the month. I was thinking about heading down for the day or going to the vintage races in Reddick.

WideOpen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 21, 2000
i went...just got back...i'm only 15 so i helped...i did ride the course to take down the arrow's...not that many went..i'm guessing becuase of the heat

One Dollar

Mar 15, 2001
Hey, I ride at Crooms alot. Was just there 6/3 early (8am). If you hit the singletrack trails deep in the woods away from the day areas you rarely to never see another rider. I rode about 40 miles of trails with two other riders I met through the FTR site and we only seen 2 others while back in the trails. Stay in the tight trails to stay away from the quads and don't go around the hilly areas where your likely to meet up with aquad rider and you'll be fine.

I don't go as often in the summer months as in the winter when I camp alot there with the wife and kid. I'm 41 and rode Sunday with two riders 20 yrs younger than me. I kept up with them OK until my endurance showed I was out of shape and they started to pull away during our last loop.:)

I'll be on vacation the last two weeks of June if any of you want to do some woods riding during a weekday when it's alot less crowded.

Sure is a hot mother out there now, usually if you can get there in the early hours it's not so bad. At least it rained before Sunday so the dust was not that bad early Sunday.

Top Bottom