nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Red and I are flying United. We plan on checking luggage, but putting our Tech 8's in carryon bags and carrying our helmets on the plane (in the event that the luggage gets lost). Has anyone flown recently with gear and carried a helmet and/or boots onto the plane? I flew to KC last weekend, and security freaked over a spoke wrench. Just want to be prepared ahead of time if they throw a fit about the helmet or boots. I guess I could always call and ask as well.

Last edited:

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Hey Nik!! I've flown with my gear about 6 or 7 times now...lol. I can't remember if you are flying nonstop to Sac or making a stop in SF, but either way, I would just check everything. If you still want to carry on your boots and helmet, just make sure it all fits into a gear bag that can be stowed in the overhead compartment properly or they will make you check it anyway!!!

They will most likely check the Tech 8's and they will want to make sure you did not hide anything in the soles of your boots or the lining of your helmet. Be prepared to get everything searched, but if that doesn't bother you, just plan on spending a few extra minutes in security.

PS: Your driver wants to know what kind of snacks and refreshments you desire upon your arrival in California.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
I had no problems on my way to DW02, but I checked all my gear and carried my other luggage, just because it was smaller.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
You shouldn't have any problems. I have recently traveled to the UK with my Helmet and other gear as carry-on. I have done this many times in the US as well (why rent a car when you can rent a bike!).

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
I just flew to Las Vegas with two gear bags. I packed them carefully and checked everything. No problem.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Thanks for the replies so far - everyone. I found two smallish carry on bags to fit our boots. My little size 5's were easy to fit in a small bag, but Red's size 14's were a little more difficult :joke:

I just hope they don't get upset about the helmets (which will not be in a bag of any sort). We'll see :cool:

Natty - there is a layover in Denver coming out, so I'm just a lil paranoid about lost luggage. Plus I had a good luggage scare on my way home from Romania in December.

Oh and tell the driver that we like any snacks/drinks - Red's on a water kick and I'll drink anything (Code Red, Mt Dew, Pepsi, Brisk tea, lemonade, fruit punch, Gatorade, strawberry margaritas, whatever...). We snack on anything as well (sun chips, tostidos, bbq chips, doritos, fritos, cheetos, cookies, oreos, granola bars, rice krispie treats, popcorn, grapes, bananas, apples, snickers, twix, pretzels, animal crackers, graham crackers, beef jerkey, sun flower seeds, etc...). :)

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Just wear your helmet and boots. Tell 'em you're just a little askeert of flying . . .

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
I would - but I don't wanna end up in jail

or a mental institute :eek:

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
XRpredator said:
Just wear your helmet and boots. Tell 'em you're just a little askeert of flying . . .
or that you're developmentally challenged. I've seen you in action, I'm fairly certain you can pull it off. :p

E-Ticket

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
gospeedracer said:
or that you're developmentally challenged. I've seen you in action, I'm fairly certain you can pull it off. :p

Ow! Aimee..!!!

<grin> <ROFLMAO> - rb

E-Ticket

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
All good advice above.... best tip is from Natalie.

Leave *lots* of time. Get there early and get through the process.
And see you in Reno! - rb

Top Bottom