GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Has anyone on the West Coast given thought to flying in, renting a car and just going to Dirtweek without your bike??

Dirtweek sounds like too much fun to miss out - Bike or not. I'm seriously looking into airfare from San Francisco/Oakland/Sacramento and I'm going to post what I find out here.

Is anyone else contemplating this dilemma?? What do you think?

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
There are usually bikes around, you'd be surprised how many will offer to let you ride. I'd suggest bringing your gear :)

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
i can ask the shop i deal with about a possible bike rental. i think they've done it before on occasion.

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Definitely what Okie said. I rode a ton of bikes the first year I was there. People I had never even met in person were offering to let me take their bike for a spin. You are more than welcome to share mine, so come on out girl! :)

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Come on down! You can ride this. . .

Attachments

• ktm380mxc e-mail.jpg
    ktm380mxc e-mail.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 233

JuliusPleaser

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
. . .or this. . .

Attachments

• yz two fitty e-mail.jpg
    yz two fitty e-mail.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 236

JuliusPleaser

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
. . .or THIS if you have a hankerin' to.

Attachments

• z50 e-mail.jpg
    z50 e-mail.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 224

JuliusPleaser

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
LOL! You'll have to ask super rat about that one. I'm bringing it, but it's been sold to Mr. rat. Here's a shot of it after I cleaned it up:

Attachments

• pinkness e-mail.jpg
    pinkness e-mail.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 237

dave186

Sponsoring Member
Nov 19, 2001
Would it be possible to fly a bike too? Maybe put it in a crate? Im thinking flying also, it sure beats driving but I probably cant make it anyway :(

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
Yea sure you can ride my new pink scooter and a few yellow bikes, I'm such a fairy :confused: Pink and Yellow I'll be the badest guy at dirt week. :eek:

JP the scooter looks sweet!!!!!!

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Wow, everyone is so generous! I guess I will plan the trip! I'll still post what I find out about airfare here in case someone wants to fly the trip with me.

JP - are those white boots in the left corner of the pink bike pic YOURS? :D
By the way, nice Punkin!

Big Lou, I want to SEE you take a lap on that 50! I'll want to see Super Rat right behind you on the pinkie too.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I've been toying with the idea of flying out too. Where is the nearest airport to Cooperland anyway?

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
From looking at an Atlas, PapaKeith, Ponca City or Tulsa, both about 100 miles away.

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Natalie, if you do decide to fly and we're able to coordinate just right, we could probably pick you up at the OKC airport. We'll be renting a trailer in OKC so we have to go by there first anyway and return it there before we head home. TTRGuy used to live in OKC and is familiar with the area and the aiport. PM me if you want to see if we can get a schedule to work out. :)

B

biglou

That definitely wasn't me, LOL! If it were, there would have been speculation on how a sasquatch could have migrated so far east in late summer. :scream: If I rode a 50, I'd need two. One for each cheek, ifyaknowhatimean. :D

JuliusPleaser

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
One for each cheek. . . :)

I've been 'stretching' the ergos on the Z this week. I installed a new triple clamp from PRC, and modified a pair of BMX handlebars to fit the new clamp. That alone made a HUGE difference. Next is the tall seat foam, and then some wider pegs. I'm working on an extended swingarm and some aluminium wheels, too.

Natalie, those are my poseur boots. I only wear them when I'm racing. I like to at least LOOK like I'm fast. If you'll look closely, you'll see a pair of black/gray Vectors on the floor next to the gay. . .um, white boots. I wear them 90% of the time.

Rat, I'm gonna send you some close-ups of the busted spots on the scooter. They aren't terrible, but there is a little damage there.

wrench

'00 Flappin' Fender [Ret]
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 7, 2000
Originally posted by oldguy

memory of the infamous Z50 rider of DW00 :| :eek:

Memory that I wish I could forget!!!!!

wrench

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Stillwater is close to Tulsa or OKC. The airport there has been improved and lengthened to handle BIG planes. It is also a controlled airport. There might actually be a flight into Stillwater. We can get you from any airport to cooperland.

Top Bottom