yz80nbeast

Jan 25, 2007
i have a 1988 kx125 and im going to be rebuilding my bottom end and i need to take off my flywheel but i cant find a site that sells the one for my bike the holes for my flywheel are around the top the regular one cant hold them, i saw a video wit a guy doing the same job and he used a air gun and held the crankshaft with his hand can i just do that?

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Yes, you can us an impact gun as long as you support the crankshaft. There may be some thread lock so heating it first may help.

yz80nbeast

Jan 25, 2007
o ok thanks so i guess all im gonna need for this rebuild is a flywheel puller

thanks guys

yz80nbeast

Jan 25, 2007
well im buying a bottom end that needs only a flywheel and clutch so im taking mines of and putting them on that one so its not really a rebuild more like a parts swap

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
yz80nbeast said:
i have a 1988 kx125 and im going to be rebuilding my bottom end and i need to take off my flywheel but i cant find a site that sells the one for my bike the holes for my flywheel are around the top the regular one cant hold them, i saw a video wit a guy doing the same job and he used a air gun and held the crankshaft with his hand can i just do that?

Sorry, I was under the impression you were rebuilding the bottom end, not replacing it. :whoa:

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000

yz80nbeast

Jan 25, 2007
yeah i ordered one last night it should come monday and ill be recording and taking pics during my motor swap so ill keep my family at dirtrider updated

Top Bottom