motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
SpDyKen said:
I'll be curious to read your conclusion to this hypothetical scenario, Motometal. . :ride:

my conclusion is that I goofed up and had that one backwards, I was wrong. But, thanks for breaking that down to detail, good post.

I think the change in the premix's viscosity makes as much or more difference than the small change in volume fraction, but no doubt a combination of the two contribute to the net effect.

The knowledge base on this forum is becoming pretty impressive.

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
motometal said:
The knowledge base on this forum is becoming pretty impressive.
:cool: :nod:

dirtbikingdad

Oct 25, 2005
Thanks everyone! :) I have several good directions to go now. And all this info from a flywheel weight comparision! This forum is great!

Step 1A: Go to 32 to 1 ratio. That should lean it up some and perhaps liven it up a tad.

Step 1B: Install new throttle. I bought it already. I may as well install it.

Step 2: Check jetting. After I am sure the tank has the 32:1 in it, I'll throw a new plug in it and do plug check.

Step 3: If jetting is needed, (or if it still feel "squishy") I'll start with the pilot since thats where I spend most of my time. I'll also mess with the needle.

Step 4: Gas On It! :aj:

dirtbikingdad

Oct 25, 2005
My CR250 is retarded now.

The timing that is.

Well, as I said earlier, I had already bought the G2 throttle and I installed it and changed to 32:1. Honestly, I did see an improvement, but not that much. I believe that if I put the stock throttle profile back on instead of the most aggresive (least aggresive in this case ;) ) "ramp" I may be able to see a difference, maybe more than I think but from my previous two rides, throttle control is better and it doesn't seem to spin that much or at least as much as before.... so I guess its a thumbs up improvement.

Next, I retarded that timing. Whoa! That was it! It made the bike much more low end happy and less of a hit. Yes, I think some further jetting would make it even better (and its coming) but I have to say that is lugs much better, can be ridden without being a gear high and responds very well. Yes, it does have some stutter and then the power comes on, (it is not a 4 stroke) but, it is very strong and not so much a "hit". Midrange is great too!! So, for now, the best bang for the buck was something that didn't cost a buck! Thanks for the input guys! :aj:

Top Bottom