guitkrazy

Dec 17, 2004
This past weekend I had a little trouble on my 2000 CR250- I have only had the bike a short while, and the person I bought it from raced it- The bike is in very good mechanical and physical condition, actually, for the riding I do (Trail Riding) it has too much power- esp at takeoffs and in first gear- which in tight woods and trail riding is not good. It was suggested in another forum that I should look into getting a flywheel weight- After looking into it I think that is the direction I am going to go in- but what I want to know is- first of all which is the best to get for my bike, and secondly how difficult of a process is it and Thirdly what is the thoughts or feelings on doing this? All help and or suggestions are greatly appreciated! :eek:

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
I have a 12oz. weight on my 99 and I think it works very well. It helps with traction on trails and lessens the hit a bit. Where I notice the biggest improvement is on hills. Since there is more reciprocating mass, the bike is almost stall-proof. My bike has strong low end to begin with, so the weight really helps when I'm on tight single track. The bolt on weights are easy to install. And they are easily removed when it's not wanted or needed. Personally, I think it helps me on the track, also. Since installed, mine has never been off.

Bizerk

Feb 28, 2004
I agree with the use of the flyweights. My brother has a '99 CR250 and uses the 12oz weight with great success. He has the Steahly flywheel weight.

KC10Chief

Oct 10, 2004
I just ordered an 11oz for my KX 250. It was $89 from Rocky Mountain MC. After all the reading I did on here, I thought the 11oz would be best for my bike. Something similar for yours would probably be a good idea. I am having the same problem as you. Too much power. My bike is so strong, I get nervous when I stand up. Any movement on the throttle and I'm doing a wheelie or falling off the back! Matt

Top Bottom