Caper007

Apr 1, 2004
I just bought a stealthy 12oz flywheel weight for the CR, can't wait to hit some trails. I just have to wait a few weeks for the snow to melt. I was out a couple of weeks ago and my buddy just installed a 16oz fww on his CR. He said it was un-believable. Some of the trails that I was having trouble with, he would just go right up without a problem. And we have about the same riding ability.

guitkrazy

Dec 17, 2004
I just ordered one (yesterday) for my 2000 CR250! I took it to these trails last weekend and the bike ran great in the wide open- but as soon as I hit the trails - man the bike was literally UNCONTROLLABLE!!! I wrecked it twice- Bending the handlebars when I laid it down climbing a steep gravel/clay hill that had a massive rutt right in the middle- Guess where my rear tire landed? Anyway I called and talked to Chuck Steahley and he recommended for me to go with a 12oz or a 14- I opted for the 14oz :eek:

darnjr

Jul 5, 2001
I had a 13oz on my KX250 and never really liked it. I got better results from a torque pipe, torque reeds, high gearing and steel plates. i wanted to make the bike more tractable and linear but when you get on the pipe, it takes off no matter what. The flywheel weight seemed to delay the inevitable hit and i'd rather get the power hit earlier than later.

VB Racing

~SPONSOR~
Jan 26, 2004
I think it really depends on the bike, I have one on my 01 KX, but on a 99 KX I didn't. I have ridden quite a few late model CR's and think they would DEFINATELY benifit from a weight, the engine on the CR is kind of peaky compared to the bottom to mid power of a KX.

Top Bottom