billinater24

Apr 3, 2006
Hey,
I own a 2001 cr125. I ride mostly woods and open fields/farm land. A guy I ride with says I should look at buying a flywheel weight. I found a used one on the internet and was hoping someone could help me with this purchase. I don't know much about them except they give you a smoother power delivery. Its a steahly 9oz. Price is $55.
Any comments on what i should buy would be helpful (size, brand, etc...). Thanks.

Last edited:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
The flywheel weight will help to prevent stalling and will reduce the "hit", at least what you percieve. On a 125, you will possibly notice that the engine doesn't rev as quickly. This is not a bad thing for woods riders but you may feel under powered. $55 is a pretty good price.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
I tried an 8oz on our RM 125.......didn't like it. The RM's and CR's are not known for having much low-end (or any) If your CR has a real "dead" spot right off idle, additional weight will make it hard to get rolling or "into the meat of the power." I was happier with no additional weight on our RM........just a whole lot of clutch use. The YZ's on the other hand have good torque and a friend of mine ran a 12oz on his, a little heavy for my taste, but the Yamaha pulled it fine.

billinater24

Apr 3, 2006
The RM's and CR's are not known for having much low-end (or any) If your CR has a real "dead" spot right off idle, additional weight will make it hard to get rolling or "into the meat of the power."

That's what my bike is like. I don't think I will get it now. Thanks.

Top Bottom