ROADRACER

Oct 7, 2000
I have a 99 250 EXC. The bike has a Gnarley pipe with a power core II siliencer and a Delta Reed Valve. The jetting is right on the money. I 've tried several needles both straight taper and multi taper. I'm currently running a 3EMJ needle which I liked the most. The CEK/CEJ were to sluggish. I'm looking to get a a smoother power delivery so my question is has anyone out there put a flywheel weight on their bike and if so what weight was it and what were the results? I'm a 40+ B rider and I ride and race alot of tight trails. My thoughts are that maybe I would benifit in the tight stuff with a flywheel weight.

Thanks Mike

KTMMIKE

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 27, 2000
We have a lot of woods riders that add weight to their bikes & love it. Typically the AA riders don't like it but anyone else that rides tight woods like it a lot.

muleskinner

Jun 12, 2002
I am 53 years young and and don't care for too many abrupt surprises when I'm riding (mostly in tight woods) so I bought a 12 oz flywheel weight from Steahly Offroad in Oregon via their website for about $100. Easy install - and it works great - it still screams on top but smoother, especially on the bottom end. I'd do it again!!!

fishhead

die you sycophant !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 22, 2000
RR did you mean an n3ej needle? I use a ddk-3 with a 45 pilot and 175 main. It pulls good from idle to top. The honda r1369eka-2 is the same as a cek-4 but has a slight transition taper which gives better throttle response than the cek. For loose, slick and technical sections a lot of guys like flywheel weights.

Top Bottom