jducati

Dec 11, 2003
I just bought a 99 CR250R and would like to set it up for trail riding. I have been looking at aftermarket pipes, is the FMF Gnarly pipe the one to buy to get the most low end power? Also, does anyone know where I can get a bolt-on flywheel weight?

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
Steahly sells a bolt on weight. The link is www.steahlyoffroad.com. I have the 12oz. on my 99 CR250 and it works very well. It smoothes out the hit a little and makes it almost stall-proof. I have the Fatty and think it works very well. Never tried the gnarly. I trail ride and hillclimb and feel there is not much overrev with this bike, so I didn't want to try the gnarly.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
The stock '99 pipe is excellent for trail work.   There is no need to change the pipe on the '99, IMO.  Spend your money on suspension or a steering damper instead. 

I bought my '99 from an AA enduro racer/A cross country rider, and he told me the stock pipe worked best.  My bike is like a magazine project bike as far as aftermarket parts, but it has a stock pipe.  I love my bike offroad, epsecially the Factory Connection suspension.   

For lots of fun stuff for your CR, check out www.elineaccessories.com

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom