Feb 25, 2001
FMF advertises that its LOUD....now when they say loud just how loud is it? I come from riding 125 2-strokers with pro -circuit euro shorty silencers...and they are pretty louid but not obnoxiously loud. Is this silencer obnoxiously loud? I dont want to hit the track and break everyones ear drums but I do want that extra power and to open up the exhaust a bit. Its going on a 04 cr 250F

Yogurt

~SPONSOR~
Dec 25, 1999
Sorry, I don't have an anwser, but I am equally as interested. My question is, what is the difference between the 14", the 16" and the 17"? I assume it works like a 2-stroke version of silencers, either shorty, or standard. Thus the 14" being the shorty and and more bottom end, and the longer one yielding more top-end power? I'm new to the 4-stroke market. And I am possibly looking at exhaust for my 04 CRF250 as well.

Feb 25, 2001
Marcus thats what im looking to find out....I personally have never heard a 4-stroke that I found was TOOOOO loud but I never know. Up untill now I never payed any attention to them. If its anything like a truck or car having stock exhaust...then flowermasters or no mufflers (straight pipe) and or open headers thats the leap im worried about. This bike is so quiet you can't hear it out on the track amung other bikes but I don't want to give it the
' open header' type of tone. I read on the Chaparral site that the 14" exhaust that im looking into getting IS NOT AMA legal. IMO why would you make a non AMA legal muffler? (im not racing pro so I dont have to worry about that) but none the less it gets me thinking!

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
There is no reason for exhuasts that loud, all the modern 4 smokes make good power std, and you get more with a decent(read not too noisy) pipe.

Top Bottom