fmf Fatty

bobthedog

Nov 27, 2002
Has anyone used a fmf fatty on there kdx220R or has anyone got any advice on the fmf range. the fatty seems the best balance between having a good top and a good bottom end power. As you can tell would like some advice.
I'm going to run it with a powercore 2 sil.

REGARDS

check this site
http://www.fmfracing.com/pdfs/2strokepipeintro.pdf

EBOD

Nov 1, 2001
Do a search of this site. There are a lot of good posts on this subject (almost all of them say go by the pipe number, not the name). Unfortunately, I forgot the number for the pipe I put on my 220 (the pipe, however, really woke the bike up). I know that for a 200, my pipe is known as the rev pipe. I think there is confusion as to what to call in on the 220.

Sorry for the use the number tip and my subsequent inability to advise you as to number. If I remember (and you get no more helpful replies by then) I'll post the number tomorrow.

Perk

~SPONSOR~
Sep 17, 2001
the pipe numbers you are referring to are the kg-30 and kg-35 I believe, but I forget which is which. for most people, the rev is the way to go. I got that for mine and it makes a huge difference from midrange on up. Where it used to flatten out at midrange, it now is just getting started. Some othere here can figure out the number situation and which is which. Let go of that airbox lid also if youhave not already.

davidg

Apr 30, 2002
He is asking about the fmf fatty pipe not the fmf gnarly pipe. I don't know who sells the fatty pipe for any of the newer model kdx's. But the gnarly pipe is made of heavy material to help resist dents. The kg-30 (rev) will give more top end and the kg-35 (woods) bottom end. Sorry I can't help you on the fatty pipe.

tomcat

Dec 2, 2002
beware of the fmf fatty, as they tend to get a rusty brown colour on it as the rides go bye, They are a crome suface layer whick looks good new but can look not so good as time goes on. But thats just the looks, they are better than the stock kdx pipe as they increase the top end power noticably

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
FmF makes two pipes for the newer (H model) kdxs.. -30 and -35. May or may not be KG in front of that number.

-30 is the rev, -35 is the torque.

Some catalogs used to (wrongly so) identify the -30 as a 'torque' for the 220.

Either pipe profile will fit on H model kdxs whether 200 or 220.

The profile characteristics apply the same to both kdxs...the -30 is more effective in the upper rpm ranges, the -35 moreso in the lower.

The -30 is a considerably LARGER (physically) pipe.

Watch for misleading/confusing monikers as: desert, mountain, burly, gnarly, gold etc.

There are two Fmf pipes. Period.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…