FMF fitting problem

Doclar

Oct 8, 2002
Having problems fitting a FMF Gnarley pipe to my 2000 KDX. It seems as if The relief dent is not giving enough clearance in order to allow it to seat into position. ANY Suggestions?

Mike Garrett

Sep 18, 2002
The only thing I can suggest is patience and persistance. I had the same problem, just last week, fitting my new Gnarly on my '02 KDX 200. I was laying on my back in my garage for over an hour, trying to get the pipe in the exhaust hole. I was thinking there's no possible way it'd go in, but I took a break, went back at it, and it went right in. I wish I could suggest a better approach for you, as I didn't do anything different from the first try to the second. I can tell you that I didn't hook the springs up until I got the pipe to fit properly in the hole, and I tried with the hooks and without. GOOD LUCK, don't give up... You'll have a different bike once you get the pipe fitted properly

TVRider

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 29, 2002
Mike,

I put the FMF torque pipe on my '03 KDX200 last night. It didn't seem to want to go until I unbolted the silencer. Once I did that it went right in but clearence was tight. My friend with an '01 200 had to make his own hanger bracket under the tank to get his pipe to fit. It seems like there is a lot of variance. Keep trying, you might have to tweak the pipe a little to get it to fit.

Tom

J.Ortiz

Jul 8, 2002
I also installed a gnarly on my 02 220, it was a little tough, I thought it wouldn't fit, make sure all the exhaust securing hardware is loose or taken off (I took everything off), don't forget to install the 2 o-rings and the copper gasget (I forgot this step too), and make sure you hold your tounge right (very important!!), but the pipe will fit perfectly and the end result is awsom.
Joe

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…